FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhich was your last feed to drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which was your last feed to drop
    Posted: 11 June 2010 at 11:44pm
DD is almost 11months will be on Tues next week.

The last feed she won't give up is the 5/6am feed. What I would like is for this to be extended to 7am and then when I wean it will mean I can just give her breakfast straight away.

I don't think any kid should be up till 6.30am just my opinion, and she isn't because she is still so tired! She wakes and is tired, still yawning her head off, putting her head on my shoulder rubbing eyes so I know she is tired. She can't seem to settle without this feed to go back to sleep.

I know in the grand scheme of things it is only one feed and I should be able to deal with it, but I would love to have a life outside DD and that early morning wake up.

I used the sleep sense programme to get her to sleep without her dummy and for her naps and it worked first time. I am willing to use it for this feed BUT DP is so pro bfing which is great yes, but its not him that is having to get up for the feeds. I have about 30mls of ebm I will try and give her but she generally won't have a bottle for this feed, so its just a comfort thing. She settles when we hold her just won't go back to sleep.

Part of the reason I want to drop this feed is because she gets wound up and bites me it freaking hurts too. If I fed her a bit later then I would be more awake and rested and be able to deal with it better.

So what was your last feed you dropped?

How did you get past that 5/6am feed?

Tips on stopping them from biting also would be good. I have done the stern voice telling no etc its just not working.

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:58pm
Can't help with most as I can't remember last time around & I'm still b/fing.

But have you tried total rejection with the biting. She bites you once you say ouch or the like, bites you again she's put on the floor. I did that with my boy & he picked up quick smart that it wasn't a good thing to do. He now only occasionally bites when he's teething.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 10:53pm
The last feed I dropped was the bedtime one - we were 'stuck' on first thing (although no earlier than about 6-6.30am) and last thing at night for a long time, but as I went back to work part time when N was 12months, the morning thing stopped being feasible to get us all out of the house on time (as she was feeding for up to 30mins). Instead, I just got her up and did breakfast - although that's obviously not an option at 5am! TBH, I don't think she really noticed, which says to me she was ready to drop that feed. I also slowly weaned the night feed at 15months - going down to every 2nd day, then 3rd etc. You could maybe try that in the mornings?

Biting here didn't last long either, but the couple of times I unexpectedly reacted very loudly (it bloody well hurt! ), it did put her off BFing the rest of the day - so I just made sure in future I reacted more calmly so she still got the idea that I wasn't impressed with the biting, but not enough to scare her.
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 4:24pm
You know, I just stopped. My last feed was also the 5am feed but I think it got to a point they were only waking out of habit and wern't really hungry. Just stopping seemed to work a whole lot better than I had expected. We just had a few days of her asking for it and then she got over it and started sleeping right through.

With Maddi I just waited until she slept in one morning (a late night the night before) and I got up before her for a few days. I don't think she even noticed

Post Reply Post Reply