FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhats in your craft box?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats in your craft box?
    Posted: 06 September 2010 at 12:13pm

Ok so my baby isn't born yet, however I was in Warehouse Stationery the other day and they've got some awesome craft / paper art stuff.

Was thinking of eventually putting together a box / stash of of stuff for crafts and indoor activites for when baby girl is big enough.

What do you have in your craft box / stash? What things do your kids love the most?

So far I've got acrylic paints, stamps, colour papers, swatches of material, glitter etc

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 12:58pm
DP loves to paint so he has paints already. um my craft stash currently only contains material and sewing supplies. and both paper and digital scrapbooking supplies. but i love making toys for Riley, some of their favourite ones are the cheap ones ] hehe. and i plan on starting a dress up box. but have matching dress ups so that we can play together. ie a fairy costume for me and a wizard costume for him, pirate costumes, princess and prince etc. i love dress ups, and now i can dress up without people thinking im *too* weird ahaha. and i am totally making a fort from the couches and "camping" in the lounge room, in the backyard if its a nice weekend lol.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 2:02pm
i have a box in my cupboard of so called art supplies for the kids - i call it the crafts box too. it has shiny paper, foam chips, ribbons, old cards, face paints, bubble wrap... lots of stuff that i just collected since my oldest was young. However it doesnt get used. the kids will draw and use stamps - i have them separate - but not much else. Mind you lately the boys have been getting more creative - but its mainly making robots!
something thats good to get for them though - that i also have but havent used yet - is canvas. most hardware stores have them cheap...and i got some cool canvas crayons for mine too. was going to make it a school holiday project last holidays...might do it this round!

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 3:02pm
also with canvas, keep your eyes peeled for warehouse and warehouse staionery sales. DP got about $350 worth of canvases from warehouse staionery on boxing day last year for about $150. think they were 60% off. warehouse has sales quite often on DAS. (bout 30% off i think)
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 3:37pm
Canvas, ribbons, felts/coloured pencils, etc galore! I literally have pens/paints/pencils coming out my ears from my graphics days!

Colour papers/card

Stickers... Old cards... just lots of scraps really...

I remember drying leaves as a kid and then painting them and also pasta and gluing them onto things for cards and what not! Or making necklaces using painted pasta! We have beads galore here too...
 Post Reply Post Reply