FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAffordable Craft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimnthekids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimnthekids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Affordable Craft
    Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:47pm
I need a hobby, and would love to be able to incorporate making something for my daughters room, which she has just moved into tonight (was the guest room)

However we dont really have much money to play around with and im learning that many crafts can get quite pricey

Anyone with any ideas ?
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 7:46am
I painted pictures onto canvases from $2 shop to decorate babys room. Also I had some cheap picture frames that could hold several very small photos- so I got cheap wrapping paper with cute pictures on, and put one picture in each part of the frame.
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 8:10am
yup cheap canvases from $2 shop or from warehouse when they have something on special. acrylic paints are cheap aswell.

also... if you get some glitter glue and some clear overhead transparencies (warehouse stationery) you can make window stickers. glitter glue pictures onto the transparencies, when dry, carefully peel off and they just naturally stick (or paint pens where it has some volume, not just flat paint iygwim) also good for tracing pictures

can make a few little toys. have a pattern for sock dog/cat (works for monkey) if you want it? just need a pair of socks and sewing bits n pieces (can sew by hand if you are paitient enough... im not lol)

if you have scraps of fabric lying around - or a friend who has a bag of scraps they dont want, you could "scrapbook" her name onto canvases... using the fabric. hope that makes sense lol. (you can pick up wooden letters from spotlight for next to nothing to cover with fabric or paint and put on)

HTH!
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:49pm
Check out The Warehouse. I was there the other day and they had heaps of craft stuff.
I bought a huge ball of wool and the back of the label has patterns for a hat and scarf. One ball should make a scark or a hat and it was only $15
Lindsey

Kimnthekids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimnthekids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:13pm
Thanks guys! I now have a plan for a canvas and found some cool wall hanging things in a magazine that im going to try and replicate :)
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 12:06pm
Have you thought about doing a name wall hanging? There are lots of ways you can do these, but the way I have done a few of these is as follows:
Find a font you like on Word or something similar, print out a large copy of the name and draw it onto some thick cardboard.
Cut out the name, but keep the letters joined together in some way.
Find a piece of fabric which is big enough to cover the whole name and glue it on.
Carefully fold over the edges and glue onto the back.
Easy, very cheap and the ones I have done have looked great :) You just need some ribbon or something to attach it onto the wall.

Post Reply Post Reply