FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood sugar substitute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good sugar substitute
    Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:55am

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sugar substitute for both hot drinks and baking.  I am going to try to reduce my sugar intake but can't really stand coffee without some (I sometimes put 1/4 tsp of honey to sweeten). 

I also like to do a bit of baking and normally I just reduce the sugar amount anyway, but is there anything you've used that's not the real thing but still tastes good?

Thanks

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
Sponsored Links

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 9:26am
Splenda is good and it measures spoon for spoon like sugar so you can use it in coffee or baking.

Another good one for baking is to used pureed apple. There is a delicious brownie recipe on the healthy food guide website for brownie made with no butter or sugar, just pureed apple instead.
blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:35am
Try stevia. It's a natural herb and you only need to use a very tiny amount. You can buy it in the health stores. I don't like artificial sweetners myself so this is a great alternative.
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:00pm

Awesome thanks xXELAx I shall check out the recipe, sounds yummy.

I was hoping for something more natural blissful so I'll check it out next time I'm near a health food shop. 

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
 Post Reply Post Reply