FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCurious...hot or cold? Line or dryer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 8:27pm
No problem

Sponsored Links

NewPhoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 9:07pm

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:20pm
Yep, cold washes here too, only do a warm wash occasionally (mainly when there's a few nappies in the bag that have had poo-explosions, and need a really good wash!).
We don't own a drier either - either line dry in the sun, or inside on an A-frame.
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 8:10am
T-Rex I dont think powder residue was our problem, his nappies were ALWAYS stinky no matter what I did until I started using hot/warm water.... The smell isnt from powder build up, thats germies

stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 1:25pm
wow, im surprised how many cold wash!
I do a warm wash or a hot wash occassionally. maybe i'll do a few more cold washes now. I thought I was meant to be doing it hot wash.
I try to line dry or clothes horse in winter but over summer I will be 100% outside line drying. cant wait to get some UV on those nappies.

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by melnel melnel wrote:

T-Rex I dont think powder residue was our problem, his nappies were ALWAYS stinky no matter what I did until I started using hot/warm water.... The smell isnt from powder build up, thats germies

I thought the germs liked to hang out in the powder residue, so if you got rid of the residue that fixed the smell? But I'm no expert! Whatever it is, if it works, all good
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:30pm
We cold rinse, and warm wash. Dryer if its wet or I've been lazy but usually its line dried.

It has been very wet this winter so a bit too much of the dryer.
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 8:50am
I only do cold washes, and line/clotheshorse dry. I do use the dryer to finish off the inserts if they haven't got dried by the time I need to hang the next load out (which is often the case over winter!) I never put the pockets in the dryer though.

Now I'm thinking I should probably do a hot wash every now and then... I have no sense of smell, and a few times lately I've had people telling me DD has done a poo because they can smell it, but I check and she hasn't! SO maybe our nappies are a bit stinky

I put them all in the machine, do a rinse cycle, press the spin button just to empty the water out (turn it off before it starts spinning) then put the detergent in and do the full wash cycle. Is that not enough to stop them from being smelly? Or maybe the nappies are fine and DD just farts a lot and that's why people think she's pooed when she hasn't
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 12:20pm

Chelsea just farts a lot probably Rach lol

Um you could try adding white vinegar to the rinse cycle...that helps strip the amonia off the naps. We're gonna do a big nappy wash and strip the next few fine days we have cos poor Miss Boo has got her fungal rash back again...and even if the Dr thinks its def not nappy related, I want to remove all possibility from my mind IYKWIM?!  

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by T_Rex T_Rex wrote:

Originally posted by melnel melnel wrote:

I thought the germs liked to hang out in the powder residue, so if you got rid of the residue that fixed the smell? But I'm no expert! Whatever it is, if it works, all good

Well we are both right LOL

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 2:09pm
Rachel, Campbell farts a lot too - often I think he's done a poo because he's got a stinky bum, but when I go to change it, there's nothing there!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12