FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDont know how much longer I can do this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dont know how much longer I can do this
    Posted: 20 September 2010 at 5:59pm
I am really struggling with my antenatal depression at the moment. I want this baby I really do. But I feel completely trapped in my pregnancy. I have this desperate need to get the baby out of me. I am finding the baby kicking annoying. But then when she isnt kicking I feel guilty and hope she is ok. I just feel so guilty about it all.
Sponsored Links

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 6:26pm

Have you got access to any maternal mental health services where you are?
Mum to two wee boys
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 6:52pm
Yes. I am seeing the psychologist on Friday but I dont think its an emergency just really hard to deal with so am trying to get through the week and talk to her then.
1st_Time_Preggies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 6:54pm
Big
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 7:46pm
I had AD really bad, too, It sucks. I went on medication at around 5 months and it helped big time. Glad you are seeing someone.
XXX
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 7:48am
Good luck hun, will be thinking of you!

I thinking see MMH is the best thing and I am sure they will work with you and get a plan in place quickly. Be honest with them and tell them exactly how you are feeling so they can help you properly (i say that because if you are like me, you may tone down how bad you are really feeling).

Fingers crossed you are feeling better soon!

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:40pm
don't really have any stellar bits of advice but wanted to send you big !!!

Keep up the hard work: eating well, light exercise, lots of rest, and especially doing nice things for yourself. Maybe something outside the pregnancy would help? Like taking up a hobby that has nothing to do with baby, something just for YOU that you enjoy?

Hang in there

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
TC747 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 7:30pm
Good luck for tomorrow - hope you are feeling better very soon.
Tanya - Mum to Noah & Isaac
 Post Reply Post Reply