FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFlat cookies!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat cookies!
    Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:25pm
Help! my cookie keep turning out flat and spread out!

what am i doing wrong? when i googled it, it said dont melt the butter so i have stopped doing that. is it because im using margarine? it isnt the recipe as i have tried more then one
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:07pm
usually when they spread it is too much butter (or so i thought)

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:16pm
ok, ill try less butter tomorrow (im actually going to use butter tomorrow!) the plan is to make cookies every night until i can get them right as its really annoying me!

edit- just reread it and forgot to say thank you and keep the ideas coming

Edited by __H__
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:30pm
It could well be the margarine. that was one of the few problems I sometimes had with using marg instead of butter after going dairy free. But it was only some recipes - usually choc chip cookie type ones.
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:41pm
im trying to make MM cookies so im guessing its the same problem
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 1:06pm
Try putting your oven tray (with the bikkie mixture on) in the fridge for 10 minutes before putting it in the oven. Apparently it can be to do with the temperature of the tray.
Mum to two wee boys
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 7:53pm
What recipe are you using??

I use the basic biscuit recipe from edmonds cook book, add pepples/m&ms and they are super yummy, never have any issues with them going flat.

I always use butter & only soften it, i normally leave it out on the bench for an hour or so before hand, then mix it in with sugar.

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 8:08pm
Look ladies!

not perfect but SO much better
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 1:27pm
Nice work, morning tea at your place then is it?
Brandon - 05/12/2003

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 10:53pm
ooooh __H__ - can I get a copy of that recipe?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 11:09pm
well done - what changed do you think?

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:13pm
I ended up using the edmonds basic biscuit recipe. i put a little bit less butter (real butter) in it but to be honest i think next time i will put the right amount in

Bizzy- i think it was the real butter. I left it on the bench while i was making tea and then mixed it without melting it

oh and Babykatnz you will need to be quick to get some DP loves them!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 3:15pm
They look good! Man now im hungry.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
 Post Reply Post Reply