FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCurry!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curry!!
    Posted: 28 September 2010 at 7:55pm
Can you ladies please share your curry recipes.

Meat curry or vege curries would be lovely

Sponsored Links

Joscia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joscia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 11:36am

We have an awesome Jamie Oliver chicken tikka masala curry that we do about once a week. It’s actually really easy and really delicious! I don’t have the exact recipe here, (not that I follow recipes that closely anyway) but it goes a little something like this:

Serves 3-4(ish) people

Ingredients

1 TB butter

2 TB olive oil

Chicken breasts – 1 per person, chopped into chunks

Around 200gm plain yoghurt

Around 200ml cream

2 TB tomato paste

Handful of ground almonds

250ml cold water

1 onion, sliced

3 garlic cloves

About 3cm fresh ginger

1-2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped (depending on how hot you like it)

1 TB mustard seeds

2 t ground cumin

2 t ground coriander

2 t paprika

3 TB garam masala

Fresh coriander, chopped

1.     Peel the garlic and ginger and grate the on the finest side of a cheese grater into a bowl. Add the chopped chillies, cumin, coriander, paprika and 2 TB of the garam masala.

2.     Fry the mustard seeds in the olive oil until they start to pop. Add this to the spice mix and blend into a paste.

3.     Take half of the paste and set aside. With the other half, stir in the yoghurt, and add the chopped chicken. Leave to marinate for ½ an hour or so.

4.     In the same saucepan that you cooked the mustard seeds in, melt the butter and add the sliced onion. Add the rest of the spice paste and cook gently for around 10 mins.

5.     Add the tomato paste, water and ground almond and simmer until it starts to thicken and reduce. Remove from the heat and set aside

6.     Cook the chicken – either in a frying pan or, better, on the BBQ.

7.     When the chicken is done, add the cream, the last TB of garam masala and a good pinch of salt to the sauce and re-heat. Just as it starts to boil, remove from the heat and add the cooked chicken.

8.     Serve with steamed basmati rice, popadoms and fresh coriander on top. Yum.

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 7:43pm
I love my lamb curry recipe. It's the one on the back of the jar of Kings mild curry powder, I just dont add quite as much meat. I also dont copy the recipe directly.

500g diced lamb (lamb chops work too you just need a large pan), beef or chicken.
1 onion roughly chopped (I like to do 2)
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tin diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice
1 cup of water

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat and gently cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add curry powder and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Add the meat and brown for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer covered until meat is tender (usually just over half an hour, maybe 45 minutes for lamb chops). I usually add about half a bag of frozen stir fry veges not long after I add in the rest of the ingredients. Serve with rice.
Yummy

If I want it a little milder I usually only add about 1 and a half tablespoons of curry powder.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Post Reply Post Reply