FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhints to get great fruiting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hints to get great fruiting
    Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:14pm
we buy the supercrop 'tomato food concentrate' from nichols garden centre. Its $11.99 for 500ml and one capful (maybe 15ml's makes 10litres). Nichols make it them selves.

We mix it up as directed and use it to water our tomatoes, cucumbers and courgette plants.

they all love it and thrive and we get heaps of fruit from all the plants.

we counted up how many tomatoes we got off the 3 plants and we got about 10kg fruit from each plant.
I made so many batches of tomato relish and we gave so many big bowls full to the neighbours and parents.
we got 12 telegraph cucumbers off one plant.
and by the end of last year we were eating 2 courgettes a day as our 3 plants grew so many.
so much so that we only got 2 plants this year.

Sponsored Links

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 1:16pm

I should really try this - although I'll see what the blood and bone does as a start.  I had great fruiting from my one cherry tomato last year and didn't feed it anything other than the tomato food.  I'm hoping for the same this year.

Mucky Tiger how were you eating your courgettes?  I'm hoping to have loads - but can't think of ways in which to eat that many!!  Thought I might ask in the food / recipes section for good ideas (though perhaps I should wait to make sure that my plants do well!).

Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:35pm
we just slice them and fry or bbq them.

you can use them in muffins, cakes and stirfrys.

we just ate them as a vege
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 12:06pm
the garden guy told us anything high in potassium k helps with fruiting, we have used it on our cucumbers and tomatoes and they are going really well.. hope it works for rockmelon too

(oh and we just used strawberry food cause i strawbs died)
http://lilypie.com]
 Post Reply Post Reply