FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour help required - Infertility Research

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SharonW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharonW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your help required - Infertility Research
    Posted: 27 November 2010 at 9:13pm
INFERTILITY RESEARCH - HELP WANTED
Assisted Reproductive Treatment ART (fertility treatment , eg: ovarian stimulation to IVF) – Are you involved in ART? If you are about to commence using ART, are currently involved, or recently completed an ART treatment ,can you help by completing an online study to further determine the individual needs and coping styles of individuals/couples experiencing difficulty conceiving, to further understand and support diverse needs. This study is being conducted by a fully registered Psychologist experienced in the field of ART who is a member of Fertility Society of Australia and ANZICA - Australian & New Zealand Fertility Counsellors Association. The study has full ethics approval with the University of Southern Queensland.

https://psych.sci.usq.edu.au/ipp2010.asp   and the password is Mysay (cut and paste link).

I am a fully registered Psychologist located in Toowoomba and a member of the Australian and New Zealand Infertility Association and the Fertility Society of Australia working in working in the area of clinical and reproductive health. I regularly provide psychological support to individuals and couples requiring supportive counselling / compulsory counselling relating to aspects of infertility and reproductive treatment. I am currently researching aspects of assisted reproductive treatment from a psychological perspective upon individuals/couples experiencing difficulty conceiving.    

During the years I have been providing support I have noticed that individuals and couples differ in their coping mechanisms and additionally experience varying levels of psychological distress. The research I am currently undertaking via the University of Southern Queensland will assist in identifying the diversity of psychological needs prior to, during, and post assisted reproductive treatment. Assisted Reproductive Treatment (ART) varies from least invasive procedures using medication to stimulate ovulation right through to IVF which utilises various medications and techniques and requires surgery. I am hoping that the findings will assist Psychologists and Counsellors who regularly support clients with infertility related concerns to recognise the individual needs and coping styles of their clients and their partners to better support the client’s needs.

To make the study meaningful I require a number of participants to complete the questionnaire and sincerely hope you will be kind enough to complete the study via the web link and also ask your partner to complete the study. The web address is https://psych.sci.usq.edu.au/ipp2010.asp   and the password is Mysay (cut and paste link).

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further information or have trouble linking in. sl.wilkinson@bigpond.com

Thank you for your support.

Sharon Wilkinson
Psychologist
Doctorate of Psychology (Clinical) Candidate, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply