FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHeartburn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:06pm
...Auntie Sarah....I didn't know you were UTD ! congrats !

and isn't it a pain being too scared to eat anything in case it gives you heartburn? so not cool !

Sponsored Links

AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:11pm
Thanks 26 weeks...I should put my ticker up huh.

Such a pain...I've been avoiding the xmas cake because it is terrible for it, but then if I get it from everything maybe I should just eat whatever! Currently having a chocolate milkshake and popcorn...chocolate milkshake should counter the effects of the popcorn (maybe???)
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:08pm
Oh good point Kelly, milk! I'd forgotten about that being meant to help. Bananas and chocolate give me the worst heartburn but I ain't about to give those up

I had to sleep sitting up by the end of my last pregnancy too. It got so bad that if I lay down, food/drink etc would end up coming back up into my mouth GROSS!!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:37pm
ew yuck,Im getting the food coming back up into my mouth atm too, gross indeed!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:42pm
Ewww same l. Funny you say about bananas, I noticed both last time and this time that banana cake gives me heartburn, I always thought it was just the cake bit, but maybe it's the bananas too (I never ate bananas by themselves to check lol).
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:31pm
I feel for you all having it - I'm in the same boat and just about anything I eat seems to set it off this time round. I must go get some milk now as it's bad at the moment.

It also triggers when I'm hungry and Quickeez do nothing - I took one earlier and as someone else said it works while I'm chewing but when it's gone it comes right back.

I somehow forgot how bad I had it last time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:15pm
OMG I started on ranitidine yesterday, it is bloody brilliant!! You take it twice a day and it stops you getting heartburn. Last night we went out for a 3 course dinner + virgin cocktails etc, NO heartburn. And today, pie for lunch and homemade choc chip biscuits (ie guaranteed heartburn foods) and NO heartburn again.
Mitchymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitchymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:51pm
My husband and I were milling around the medications aisle trying to find something to help with heartburn, as neither of us have ever suffered from it before. A lovely lady came up and said a teaspoon of baking soda does the trick.

I haven't been game enough to try it yet, Quickeze seem to be doing the trick.

Good luck, its really awful!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:07pm
Baking soda does work, i was doubtful but tried it in the middle of the night in a moment of desperation. Regular antacids taste better though

Im pleased other people have the food coming back into the mouth problem, i thought i was just some gross weird creature

mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:49pm
Just had a single slice of toast for lunch (little marge but no topping) and yes heartburn has started for the day.
I know if was bad with DS, but I'd forgotten how bad.
I'm having gaviscon 1 or 2 times a day, it can't be good for my sodium levels.
MamaMore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaMore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:39pm
A glass of cold milk worked best for me.
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 10:37am
ugh I have just started getting this. Had it for a couple of random days earlier on but went away. this time, has been here for the past 3 days. Had to sleep on my tripillow for most of the night because i kept feeling like i was going to be sick. Thankfully i woke up at about 5 and could sleep on my normal pillow after that so I don't have a sore neck this morning. Milk does seem to help a bit, but if this keeps going I might be going onto something a bit more substantial.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 11:52am
Well since starting this thread i think its one of the only times ive had heartburn. Had slight indigestion but nothing compared to heartburn while pregnant with dd.

DD had heaps of hair after her dad, i think this one will be a baldy baby
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 12:52pm
Lol SMS, I had bad heartburn with Chelsea, and look at all her hair

My heartburn is coming in waves lately, not everyday. I had it a lot yesterday but not so far today.
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 10:14am
haha, I had bad heartburn every pregnancy, Caitlyn was bald, Tyler had lots of hair

Im up 6-7 times a night with stupid heartburn, and my baby is engaged (according to the MW ) I thought that meant HB was supposed to stop. S
Stupid heartburn

CaitlinsMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 1:30pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12