FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked12 week scan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 week scan
    Posted: 29 December 2010 at 8:14pm
How many of you found out the sex at the 12 week scan? and was it accurate
Sponsored Links

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 9:09pm
I had very strong suspicions with this one, and I'll be able to tell you if I was right or not (in case people remember what my verdict on my 12w scan was lol) in 9-10 weeks

With Jae, I went back to the shots i got from my 12w scan, and it followed the girl 'rule', but i didnt know what that rule was at the time...

Both times the sonographer refused to even make a guess, or be kind enough to get some clear shots of the nub, so I had to play back and get the best pics I could, then uploaded to the in-gender forum to see what they said.
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 9:48pm
Most sonographers in NZ won't tell you at the 12wk scan but I used the in-gender site as well and got accurate results from them and also what I thought

I had never heard about the nub theory before being pregnant this time but it's really interesting.

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 9:22am
Whats the nub theory??

Since having DD i know of quite a few people who were told at the 12 week scan and all have been correct. All were boys though

Whats the in gender site??? I might have a look.
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 9:47am
The nub theory is when you can get a clear pic of the nub (all babies have them) and for a boy it points up more than 30deg and for a girl it points down, someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding. It's really interesting

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 10:24am
I got told at 13 weeks and was spot on
[/url]
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:15pm
My understanding on the nub theory is if it sticks straight out, or at a degree less than 30 (approximately) then it suggests girl, whereas if it points up or down more than that, then it suggests boy. Jaes stuck straight out in line with her spine lol
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:18pm
The forum is down at the moment, but www.in-gender.com and then click on 'forum & blogs' up the top right... when its back up and running lol
Brandon - 05/12/2003

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 5:17pm
Hahaha i spent the whole morning on the In gender forums

They also have cool nursery pics too
 Post Reply Post Reply