FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRe-finishing A Wooden Cot - Advice Pls!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2Lillies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Lillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-finishing A Wooden Cot - Advice Pls!
    Posted: 23 January 2011 at 7:38pm
Hey girls, I am sanding and refinishing a wooden cot. Just wondering what people who have done this have used? I have heard danish oil, boiled linseed and beeswax suggested but then also had conflicting info about what is non-toxic and what isn't. I also want something that is going to give the wood a nice golden colour. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 3:28pm
My DH uses and organoil at his work, he's a joiner.
We've just done up a cofee table and used this oil, its also used on most of my furniture and he said that if the kids were to chew on it they'd be ok.

I think (don't rely on this) that you can you cooking oils on wood and they would be non toxic. Might get high cholestrol or something though.  

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 7:08pm
A bit late for you sorry but we were told to use shellac, its edible and is used as a glazing agent.

Post Reply Post Reply