FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Movements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Movements
    Posted: 30 January 2011 at 2:39pm
Ive felt the baby moving a few times now. I had a few decent kicks about 1 week ago. But i havent felt anything since.

Should i be worried this early? Or is it just from 20ish weeks you should be feeling 10+ movements a day?

TIA
Sponsored Links

mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:08pm
I felt movement from about 18 weeks, but it was really sporadic and definitely NOT ten plus a day; not for several weeks.

I'm sure it's okay but you could double check with your midwife to be sure.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:25pm
I didn't feel first movements until 22/23 weeks along (anterior placenta) and didn't get 10+ movements a day for a couple of weeks after that.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:41pm
^^ ditto that, and i had to be lying down very still and actually paying attention to feel movement for some time after that as well.
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:52pm
I had the same thing - felt bubs move quite a bit around 16/17 weeks, then didn't feel anything till 19/20wks, freaked me out too lol. But now I feel him all the time and definitely get 10+ a day.
Just checked my MW notes booklet and it says to contact your MW if you get less than 10 movements over a 12hr period after 24wks.
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 4:16pm
Ok cool. Its my 2nd obviously thats why ive felt movement so much earlier. I have felt flutters for weeks now but kicks just started a week ago but yes nothing since.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 4:33pm
I remember with my first the MW saying that you will feel movements when the baby is a bit squashed, and then your uterus grows and you dont feel them as much, then baby grows and you feel them again and so on and so on till you get to a stage where baby is big enough to kick the crap out of you all day and night.
meganflett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 7:45pm
I had a freak out a week and a bit ago and ended up at my mw's with the machine on my belly that monitors heart beat and movements and he kicked 20 times in less then 5 minutes but i only felt one of them!
My mw told me that i don't need to worry about feeling 10+ a day until 30 weeks so as long as i feel a few during the day i've stopped worrying.
Tinydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 3:49pm

Im 22 weeks along now and feeling nice frequent movements!! Began as bubbles at 16 weeks!! I am sooo excited!
Alice77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:47pm
I had a few bubbles around 19/20 weeks and then it stopped I was a little worried for a bit but then he started up giving me proper wee kicks on saturday! I honestly say I dont know whats normal, everyones different I guess
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:51pm
I guess my main concern is that i was feeling flutters and movements every day or two for a few weeks. Now nothing at all for a week.

Might have to have a prode around my belly to get little one moving, hopefully
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:56pm
Lay down, then bend forward touch your toes and then they back down and wait. This is what they had me do at 12 week scan to wake S up to get him to move so they could check something out that they couldn't see. I've used the same trick ever since when worried about not feeling movements, it usually works.

But I also second what nzpiper said, my mw has said the same to me, sometimes you feel movements early on and then the uterus pops out and you stop feeling them for bit.

QTMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QTMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:11pm
Everyone feels movements at different times so don't worry too much. I know that I felt my first movements really early (14-15 weeks) but it wasn't daily until about 18 weeks. At 20 weeks they're still tiny and have plenty of room to squirm around.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 10:23pm
I had to jiggle at my 12 week scan lol

Try some cold water, music maybe? Tapping your tummy (always got Lily moving).
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:40pm
I had movement quite early on with my second, then nothing for weeks, at 17 weeks I even made dh come to the midwife with as i was convinced it was all bad news, as you can see from my ticker - it wasnt!
Good luck hun, I never really felt safe til that little girl was in my arms, but Im sure its just because you already love them soo much!
http://lilypie.com]
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:29pm
I didnt feel constant kicking until after 20 weeks with DD! With DS it was very early but my placenta was at the back with him.

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 7:20am
Thanks ladies. I feel heaps of movement again now. No strong kicks yet but theres plenty of time for that
 Post Reply Post Reply