FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLoosing weight ......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loosing weight ......
    Posted: 03 February 2011 at 8:46pm
So im half way through pregnancy, getting a tummy and baby is measuring well, im not a small person so can afford to loose weight, but midwife is a little concerned that im loosing the weight still at 20 weeks. With DS i put on from the moment i was pregnant!!
I have lost 2kgs in the past 6 weeks. Its not major with the fact I can afford to loose it, but also not to good if it continues. As in my midwifes words today i look "bloody terrible" and run down, i did have oral thrush recently for 3 long horrible weeks.

Anyway anyone else had this? Loosing weight i mean.

Sponsored Links

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:50pm
I lost weight, I think at one point I was down 4kg. But I am plus-sized, and I think thats pretty normal. Someone I know (who is larger than me) lost 13kg.

I would be concerned though, since you are looking run down. Maybe a check-up at the GP?
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:23pm

Me! I'm down 8kg so far with not a lot of nausea. I think it's averaging at 500g a week, but havn't lost any in the last couple weeks. It's a decreased appetite and busy with DD as well so forget to eat and am so exhausted at night I struggle to cook anything.

I can afford to lose the weight so I'm happy, but I've had lectures from the dietitian and my MW too. Dietitian was concerned about the weight loss and ketones it may cause but I've been tested for those and no problems there, and my MW was concerned about low blood sugars and falling into a diabetic coma. I'm on insulin for diabetes since the start of this pregnancy. My sugar levels are generally pretty low but not dangerously so so I'm not too worried there.

ETA: I spoke to my OB about it last week and she wasn't worried as long as it was controlled and I was eating a balanced diet. But I am very overweight so she's not worried.

Edited by shadowfeet

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:07am
I was 5kgs lighter than when i got pregnant with my first ont he day i had her so that tells me that i lost about 17 - 18kgs while I was pregnant, I didnt do anything different but peoples bodies react differently.

With my last I put on 14kgs in the first half of my pregnancy and then lost 4kgs in the last half so i think its just the way bodies react. If you have extra to lose I dont think its too dangerous for your baby but if you are looking wiped out then perhaps getting a general checkup might be a good idea.

Angel March 2011
karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 11:19am
I'm currently 1.5 kg less than my pre-pregnancy weight, but my weight has been constant for the past 10 weeks or so. I am under supervision at the hospital, and they keep an eye out for ketones in my urine (ketosis is an issue when you're pregnant) but so far all clear.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 11:33am
I had put on 2kgs by the end of the 2nd trimester and I never had MS, I gained a total of 7kgs all pregnancy.

I'm now 5kgs lighter than when I started.

I was a size 20+ before and during pregnancy now I'm a size 16-18.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 1:30pm
My first mw said that she had a lady that always lost weight with her pregnancy's, it was cause she started eating better & not over eating. But if you are looking run down then maybe it's not such a good thing? Are you taking a multivitamin?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 4:40pm

How do you feel - do you feel run down? Probably a silly question considering you are pregnant but people always freak out about me and iron as my natural colouring is sheet white and i'm just fine.

A GP check couldn't hurt if you are a bit worried.

][/URL]

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 6:26pm
I do feel rather tired, and have being going to bed early and naps when possible, but still feel the same, i am eating possibly a little better than normal. But i have a toddler and work full time so just thought it was part of that. I am on 2 iron tablets a day now, and have noticed a difference in the past 2 days. Which is good, hopefully it continues.
I have been looking for a good multivitamin, cant seem to find one. Any suggestions?
Think the thrush is coming back also, so will see how i go, if it comes back i will have to have a full check up.

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 9:34pm
Sounds like a good plan, better safe than sorry.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 9:30am
Try Blackmores pregnancy one.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 8:37pm
Hi am I bigger as well and have lost 4kg so far. I seem to have taste for different things so not eating so much sweet foods. I am fast learning that no two pregnancies are the same.

Clinicians (spelling!) do a really good multivit for pregnancy called pregavit. It's a bit more expensive but I found it helped more than the supermarket vits, you get this one at the chemist.

Good luck
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 9:08pm

I have just hit due date and weigh 1kg less than I did at my first appointment with my midwife. I lost about 6kgs throughout, but slowly crept back up.

My midwife wasnt at all worried about it, she has been really pleased that I have managed to not put on a lot of weight (she works from guidelines provided by the OB she works with about how much weight is ideal to put on based on your BMI).

Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 7:07pm
Only fourteen weeks. But gaining weight again. Was 60 kgs about 6 weeks ago, last week for about a month and a bit was at my lowest of 54. Now 56 :)
Dont know if its good or not for a small person haha my midwife just called me a lucky one joking she had never been that light lol. No morning sickness or anything for weight loss, just presuming the bebe is sucking it all up :D
Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 7:11pm
manda8 why 2 iron tablets? Body can only absorb a certain amount and too much is bad for you :/
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 5:36pm
I was on 5 iron tablets when pregnant with my first! Its not bad for you if you need it, which I did, HB was very very low(with my second I was in hospital having an iron infusion at 36 weeks cos it was at 80). So 2 iron pills is very standard.

Littlechop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlechop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 9:18pm
I am 10kg lighter than when I first got pregnant. I too am large. I was 114kg at start, and now am 104kg. I lost weight due to morning sickness and my appetite is still pretty non-existent. My MW doesn't weigh me though so I don't know how aware she is, but bubs is growing fine so I think everything is good.

I did read somewhere recently that overweight people shouldn't put on much weight in pregnancy.

angelamaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelamaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 4:09pm
hi ladies, first time poster here! I'm only just UTD with my 2nd baby (7weeks) and have a 6yr old girl too. When I was pregnant with her I lost 12 kgs from start to finish, not to mention the 3kg I lost when she was born. I had MS from day one until I gave birth, and have my fingers crossed for a smoother pregnancy this time round! (p.s I was 70kg when I fell pregnant so could afford to drop a few lbs at the time!)

Edited by angelamaria
Lillybetts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 12:50pm
at 29 weeks pregnant with DD i was still loosing weight. So in that time i had lost 12kg. Then I remember as soon as that 30 weeks hit, I started gaining. Then the day before i went into labour, i went on the scales and i had put on a staggering 18 kg!!!! (this didn't help as I'm an overweight person anyway.) But from the day I had her to 3 weeks old (it was to the day I remember) I lost 27kg!! It was all the fluid I was holding as well. My MW never said anything about me still loosing weight. And i wasn't sick after 15 weeks and i was eating like a horse... Mind you, she was a terrible MW and didn't pay that much attention to me anyway lol.
Anne269444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne269444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 6:53pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply