FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTaking clothes & nappy off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking clothes & nappy off
    Posted: 24 February 2011 at 9:29pm
So dd (25 months) has started undressing and taking her nappy off. This happens so many times a day, as soon as im busy she goes into her room and comes out naked.

Sometimes she dresses herself other times she will kick up the biggest fuss when i try put clothes back on. Its not exactly cold here but she still needs at least one layer of clothes on.

We dont have any accidents because she will bring me a nappy when its time to go but its getting very annoying and she has started trying to do it in public and while at playcentre etc which isnt really a good thing.

Any ideas how to stop it, is it just a phase?
Sponsored Links

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:14am

its a phase. Ella went through the same thing when she was just over 2. I will always remember her stripping in the middle of the gannet colney and my mum chasing after her with all her clothes. She also did it all the time at daycare (and then streaked through the sandpit). At home I decided to just let her run around naked...but the only rule was that she had to wear knickers.

NOW we have the opposite problem- likes to change her clothes 4+ times a day. It used to do my head in and now I just let her change her clothes but make sure she helps me tidy up her mess.

maybe use the opportunity to start TT her and have a potty for her to use?

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 6:47pm
Thank goodness she doesn't do anything while having her nappy off, We put just put our boy in a bodysuit, seemed to work really well.
zoeymil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoeymil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:01pm
My DD is doing this at the moment, she won't keep a nappy on and it's driving me crazy!!!! She gets into her drawers and gets lots of clothes out!!!! At home i'm toilet training her and the last few days she has used the potty which is great. Hoping it will pass soon!!
zoeymil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoeymil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:02pm
Our girls are nearly the same age SMS!!!
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:37pm
good time for TT if she is bringing you the nappy when needing to go.

if your not ready for TT body suits and braces worked with my oldest, he also did too.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 12:47pm
Yes maybe i should just go for it and TT. So when she brings me her nappy, instead ill just put her on the toilet? We have a toddler seat attachment. Or is potty best to start?

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:59pm
My girl is only 15 months and has started taking her pants and nappies off. She hates having clothes on most of the time now and pulls at them while screaming. She can undo her body suits and if i put her nappy on backwards she can still undo it. Determined little monkey! She's had a few accidents on the carpet. Her brother went through the same stage, he was a little older though. He'd end up weeing or pooing all over his cot when i put him down for a nap. Drove me NUTS!

I'd definitely give TT a go. Maybe try her on the toilet and if she doesn't like it then try a potty.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 12:49pm
Hrmmmm so yesterday she took her nappy off and started to play with her poo Not good.

Does anyone know where i can get size two body suits?
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 12:33pm
Kids are so gross. I think you can get them from PP and TWH.
 Post Reply Post Reply