FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF & BFPs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Parki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF & BFPs
    Posted: 01 March 2011 at 7:32pm
Hi Ladies,

I am back for round two of ICSI!
We are due to start in June and figured it was time to start prepping my body as best I can.

I am willing to try ANYTHING this round, after the two disappointing attempts last year I figure we have nothing to lose!

So,my questions are;

What did you do to prepare your body for IVF/ICSI?
Vitaimins, accupunture etc?
Any special diets?
Anything you think made the difference between a BFN or BFP?

TIA ladies, so excited to see many of you now have your little ones you worked so hard for!

Sponsored Links

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 7:43pm
Hi Parki,

All the best for round two hun.

My second time around I changed a few things like my diet and exercise. Because I had done no exercise before hand, I didn't go in to it hard. DH and I did a small walk every night before or after dinner and I just ate as healthy as I could.

I had done sure slim before and they put me on a diet specific for hormone balance and fertility. Apparently seeds like sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and linseed are really good for fertility. It worked cause I went from having AF once every 5 months to monthly and exactly on time. Even if the infertility is not with you, I'm sure ever bit of help is great

Also heard the other day avocado is great for balancing woman's hormones.

Hope that helps

Edited by Kazper

ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:54am
Hi Parki,

I too am starting round 2 in June, scary thought huh! Went into round 1 so full of hope and thinking this will be it, finally .... but no!

Anyway, I attempted my last transfer late last year which didn't survive unfort so since then I contacted a naturopath to try and get as heathly as possible.

She has been fantastic and picked up on some things that aren't normally tested for. I have really really low iron and zinc levels, so she is fixing those which can make quite a difference apparently. She also did a Hair Analysis test which showed some mineral defencies and has me on some more pills to try and fix this plus the normal fish oils, pre pregnanacy multi and LSA like what Kazper said above to try and balance hormones.

I did a 4 week detox to get rid of all the IVF drugs still floating around in my system and trying to lose 10kg to get to optimum weight.

Last week I started acupuncture, if you don't like needles I have heard that reflexogoly is also good and not so ouchy!

I'm like you, willing to try ANYTHING to get a sticky embie this time!

Good luck, wishing you all the very best!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 1:59pm
Hi Parki - ICSI in October last year, TER in Jan this year.

What did you do to prepare your body for IVF/ICSI?
I did nothing to prepare myself for ICF/ICSI except eat really well, stop drinking and do light exercise. For the TER I lost 5kgs before it but nothing else.

Vitaimins, accupunture etc?
Nope and nope - except for the usual folic acid.

Any special diets?
No coffee or booze - lost of vege and protein.

Anything you think made the difference between a BFN or BFP?
I think the big difference was that my TER was a fully natural cycle. I dont think my body was ready for an egg after the IVF - even 5 days later when the transfer happened I still felt bruised internally. With the TER being fully natural all they did was put the egg back based on my natural ovulation date. I think that helped.

To be honest other than the basics to prepare our bodies so much of whether or not IVF is successful is whether the embryo is good quality. Poor quality embryo no BFP.
Due 14/10/11
 Post Reply Post Reply