FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhonest reviews of Honey Child

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: honest reviews of Honey Child
    Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:01am
i've been offered 7x medium honey child nappies that were only used occasionally for very cheap.

are they any good?
you put the insert in them (pocket nappy i think is the fancy term)

we're not looking at TTC for a few years but if they are as great a nappy as their website claims I will get them.

When born i was 9lb, 16days overdue and DP was high 8lbs and 3-4 weeks early so i know i wont really need too many size Small and as these are Mediums they should fit pretty soon
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:57am
i liked my honey childs. the good thing about pockets is they can be used as covers and you can customise the absorbency.

However there are a lot of different nappy types and brands and not all children suit the same sort... so sometimes it pays to get them later.

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:11pm
We got given one honey child nappy and I really liked it. It was a medium too and I first put it on DD at around 2months (she was only 6lb 3oz born) and it fit her right up till she TTed a few months ago. Am saving it for this next bubs too (we didn't buy more as didn't need any more nappies - have gazillions of them)
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:12pm
My honeychilds have now been used for both my kids and still have lots of life left in them.
DD was 8lb 6, but didnt gain weight nearly as fast as #2 did. She was in smalls for 8 months,and DS who was 8lb 13 born, was only in them for a few months.
So u cant go wrong with mediums, even if u end up needing smalls first.
I would definatly say get them!

Edited by Kellz
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:43pm
I had one medium, but I wasn't a huge fan. It did the job, but my son had skinny legs and was a heavy wetter, and just didn't suit that style of nappy so well.
It would be really hard to tell until you have a baby to try them with. But in saying that, a lot of people do like them, and they would likely have good resale if you decide they're not for you.
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 3:57pm
I really like them. I got mine all 2nd hand too. But as the others have said, what works really well for one child/parent doesn't always work for someone else. But if they're going cheap then maybe it's a good way of trying that type of nappy. My girl has been wearing the medium's for about 6 months and still has 2 snaps to go.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 4:30pm
honeychild smalls didn't work for my little girl when she was very young. maybe would be ok when she was bigger but didn't go anywhere near her legs when small.
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 6:45pm
I've been really happy with honey child.

My DD was 5lb2 (2.3kg) and is now 6.6kg@ 8 months - have 3 snaps to go in the infant size (which is what they now call medium). We started using them at maybe 12 weeks or so (which was when we bought them - DD was slightly under the lowest weight that they suggest for the infant size). We've not had problems with leaks.

They wash up nicely - really good washing instructions on the website, with suggestions for multiple types of washing powders/dry pail/wet pail/ nappy creams etc.

They are my pick out of the ones we've tried (peapod/real nappy/ecobubs)

ItchyFeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItchyFeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:08pm
We have one medium one, found it to be just the same as fuzzibunz, but can't see why the extra cost was worth it compared to fuzzi's. It's still been a great nappy for us though. Agree with the size thing being individual to the child though, DS fitted the small itti bittis well, leaked terribly in the medium size, which is when we started trying other brands in the medium size.

Post Reply Post Reply