FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFA second time round

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FA second time round
    Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:41pm
Hiya, I have just spoken to FA about coming back to them for a second round of whatever it is we end up doing and was told that as it's second I would need to go private for starters and then do the whole score thing to see if we qualify for anything publicly funded so I am just wondering how bad will things have to be for us to be funded. First time round we didn't end up doing anything other than our first appointment with public money as we paid for clomid treatments we paid for the op I had to have done and then by some fluke we ended up getting pregnant naturally before we ended up going down the IVF route which means we don't qualify for public at the mo. We are lucky in that we obviously can get pregnant but we were told we only had a 1 in 3 chance and as it hasn't worked again we thought we would go back and see what our options are.
Sponsored Links

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:42pm
sorry that sounds kind of a little all over the place. I just want to know if anyone knows what the scoring system is I guess as to how bad it has to be for us to get public funding for anything. Thanks
astral_monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astral_monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:53pm
Hi Henna. FA have a few details of the scoring system on their website: Public Funding & Eligibility

Don't really know the details as we are currently paying for all our consultations ourselves (we're also still ttc #1).

Good luck! I hope you don't end up needing to worry and you get your BFP instead!!!

kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 2:46pm
I understand it is harder to get on the public list after your first child. Especially if it was naturally conceived and not IVF. I think you have to have been trying again for quite a while. In saying that I think you can have up to two children on the public system.

I am pregnant with my first through private IVF, and as long as I loose weight, I will qualify for public IVF for my second (that is according to the FA doctor).

But the system is tricky and I would make an appointment, spend the money, and get a real answer before you worry too much.
Due 14/10/11
HuMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 8:23am
Weirdly we never seemed eligble the first time (2years at FA), but the second time it was a given. FA did say I'm not sure why you didn't get funded the first time which kinda annoyed me.

From my most recent meeting, the time you have been trying since No 1 was a big factor and I have PCOS so the fact I still don't ovulate also gave me points. Age can lower your points too.   Good luck

rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 8:47am
Hi, when I very 1st started going down the road of TTC about 14 yrs ago - back then my DS was 3 or 4, and as I somehow concieved him naturally we had to pay privately we did a couple rounds of IUI back then. Now I am with a new DH and have been with him 5 years - he has low sperm count and they have discovered that I have edno and psoc, we are able to go publicily.

From what I can figure if your 1st child is concieved naturally you have to wait for 7 yrs before you are eligible for public funding.

Hope that helps
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
 Post Reply Post Reply