FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2-3yr molars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2-3yr molars
    Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:53am
What age did your child get these? And what were symptoms?

DD has had a huge temp the last 3 day/nights. But this is all. Doctor is unsure what it could be related to except the molars coming through. The last 3 nights she has been up every 30 minutes and just wants cuddles or is restless

DD has always been a bad teether so im wondering if it is molars coming through
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 1:48pm
Jack had cut all his teeth by the time he was 2yrs, Ben has cut his bottom 2yr molars. I just got the stand signs for my boys. They saw kids don't get a temp with teething but I think that is hogwash. Could be the 2yr molars. Have you tried pamol or brufen?
Lindsey

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 5:55pm
DD has just cut her last one 2 days ago (YAY!!!). She stopped sleeping well, got really cranky and clingy (crying "ow mummy ow mummy" all night, poor poppet!) just wanting cuddles. She even slept in our bed a couple of times, never happened before!

No real temps here, and the crankiness really amped up just as they were cutting. So easy to pass off as normal 2 year old attitude though, I felt a bit mean when the first one cut and I realised!
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 7:21pm
Since writing this i got a good look in her mouth and we have the 2 bottom ones through.

Kind of glad its now before the baby comes and id be up with two children

DD has been in my bed the last week, and DP sleeps in her bed lol. Hopefully tonight we are back to normal.

Are the top 2 teeth as bad as bottom ones to come through?
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 10:46pm
Campbell has 3 molars starting to come through now, with the 4th probably not far away. He seems to be fingering the bottom ones more, don't know if they're more painful or not. Thankfully no temps this time, but when his eye teeth came through, he had high temps at night for a few nights, with no cold, flu or anything else to account for the temps.

Hope they come through quick for Taylah!
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:23pm

DD is 2.5 and we are going through the last of the molars now.  I think from memory she has got 2 more to come through I need to double check. This week we did have a real bad nappy rash not sure if it was from eating lots of raisins, no 2's, teething or a combination. 

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 10:49pm
Well I spoke too soon! Cam's having a rough time with his molars at the moment - he had a huge puke the other night with a temp up to 39 degrees at one point! But I think he had a cold as well.
Can't wait til they are all through!
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 7:48pm
DD has had really nasty poos also. The bottom two are definitely through now, so i think its just those tops ones coming.
tessie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 3:38pm
DS looked like he had a cold when he cut his first molar, slightly runny nose, ran a bit of a temp, flushed in the face and watery eyed. Confirmed that when he cut his 2nd one (same thing happened, along with a swollen cheek). Doesn't do well cutting his at all.
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 4:28pm
Cody is getting his at the moment, but I think they are just moving as I didn't see anything when I got a look in his mouth. But he is always chewing on his fingers or spoons, or anything that he has at the time. Might dig out one of his old teething rattles. He is a bit more grumpy then normal and is cryinge easier, but that could just be due to being at his dads for the last three weeks then coming back here. And not being the only child anymore.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 6:38pm
No molars here yet. I keep looking. Must check out when his sister got hers
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply