FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTauranga/Bay of Plenty PND Support!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tauranga/Bay of Plenty PND Support!!!
    Posted: 07 April 2011 at 2:24pm
Hey
Are there any mums here who live in the Tauranga area who have had PND and gotten support?

We are looking at moving there after the earthquake (live in chch at the mo) as it seems like it's the best thing to do for our family. DD is terrified of the aftershocks and DH has lost his job and there's just none out there for his line of work and doesn't look like they'll be many in the future.

However, I did get PND really really bad with DD and we were in the mothers and babies service for 15 months, including 4 months inpatient together. We're TTC and I'm worried about what it will be like if we are in Tauranga and there are not supports...so if anyone has gotten supports in TGA and could share those I would be extremely grateful!!!

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
Sponsored Links

girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:21pm
Sorry hun, just didn't want to read and run. I know that there is incredible support for PND mums in the Waikato - I had really bad PND in Hamilton and the resources there are phenomenal. I wouldn't be in nearly the head space I am if not for all those amazing ladies. Try the family centre over there, and give plunket a call - they may have some groups and things operating that aren't public knowledge. If you change your mind and base yourself in Hamilton, give me a bell - I've many people there that can hook you up. Also, try Hauora - they have an 0800 number based in Hamilton, they may be able to refer you to someone over there 0800 839 9916. And possibly MMH might be useful, but tbh I found Hauora amazing!!
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 2:09pm
Thanks for your reply!

From memory Hamilton isn't too far from Tauranga so maybe if we have no luck in that area we could move to Hamilton if/when we get pregnant. Might give those numbers a try too. Thanks so much

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
 Post Reply Post Reply