FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked7-8 month old finger food recipe ideas pl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7-8 month old finger food recipe ideas pl
    Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:15pm
Hi All,

I'm not such a great or inspirational cook but want to make some yummy and nutritious finger food for our 7 mo old. Can you please share some of your favourite recipes for anything from fish cakes to meat balls to vege dishes. Or even some suggestions of what we can feed her and I'll find a recipe. She has no known allergies and much prefers feeding herself than eating mush from a spoon - hence the finger food ideas needed!

Thanks heaps!

Oh, and a suggestion for those running this site (great forums by the way!), how about some stickies in the food and recipes sections for people to add recipes for different ages / stages eg 6 months, 7-8 months, 9-12 months, dairy free, wheat free etc etc. Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this though.

Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:20pm
Great idea about the stickie.

You can adapt adult recipes to make finger food.

ie: Fish Fingers - 2 tbsp flour, 400gm firm white fish, 2 eggs beaten, 2 tbsp water and 1 cup cornflakes crushed.

Cut the fish into rectangular pieces, toss in flour.

beat water and egg and dip the floured fish into the egg to coat

toss egg coated fish in corn flakes to coat

spray the fish pieces with cooling oil and cook on a pre-heated bbq hot plate or fry pan 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked thru

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:23pm
You can also roast vegetables cut into finger food sized pieces - pumpkin, kumara, potato, courgette and egg plant all come up yum and babies love them.

I use this ladies recipes for ideas.
Annabel Karmel

[/url]

Angel June 2012
thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:26pm
wow, that was quick, thanks! We tried roast veges last night and they went down well! So we are having more tonight. Would fish fingers be ok at 7 months? we havent tried DD with egg yet.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:40pm
Alex just has most of what we have. Tonight we are having tacos and some home made chips.. so we have put aside a bit of meat that will be cooked without the spicey sauce for him and he can have some of the chips and I'm just gonna have him some brocolli as an extra.

Last night was pizza, I just gave him a small slice of it and he sucked off most of the topping..

Tomorrow wea re gonna have spaghetti pasta, he loooves it so I just put some on his tray and let him go nuts.

For lunch today he had a cruskit with half of it vegemite, the other half had avokado, he had an apple stick, boiled egg cut in half and a jam sandwich.

Obviously not all of it goes down, but he chews on it all and little bits go down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 5:23pm
fish is ok from 7 months as long as there isn't any family history of allergies

We aren't doing BLW but using some of the ideas from it, where your baby has what you are having - made so they can hold it and feed themselves.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 5:37pm
Thats like us, I offer finger foods of whatever we are having and then see if he wants some jar food or yoghurt etc
 Post Reply Post Reply