FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHot Pools/Electric Blankets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Pools/Electric Blankets
    Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:24pm
We're meant to avoid spa pools/hot pools while we're pregnant because of the heat on bub, right?
Would it be a big deal if I accidentally fell asleep on my side while electric blanket was still set on high?
When I woke up that side of my bump was quite hot, but not as hot as if I had a hot water bottle sitting on it.
I usually wake up when he's moving around, so if it was getting too hot for him he would have started kicking the heck out of me, right?
I've felt a normal amount of movements since I woke up.

Sorry, just a bit panicky.
Sponsored Links

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:18am
Since you have felt a normal amount of movements since you woke,I would be inclined to say everything sounds fine.
Its sucky being pregnant in winter,its so cold of course you are going to want an electric blanket on.(it also sucks being pregnant in summer but for other reasons)

I used to turn it down as I hopped into bed,so it was warm but wouldn't stay too hot .

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:09am
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use them while prego - i did of course, just turned it down/off when i got into bed. If he's still rolling around in there i would say no harm no foul but call your m/w if concerned.

As for hot pools, i LIVED in the tekapo ones for most of my pregnancy - magic/bliss. Though i was careful not to go in the hot hot ones and stick to the 37 degree one only.

ETA: just re-read and noticed you didnt actually ask about spa pools lol
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 8:06pm
its the magnetic field with the electric blanket thats not good if i remember right, i just used to have it heat the bed then turn it off as soon as i got in...
BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:43am
I go in the hotpools ... just the colder one that is below 36deg.

I'm sure it's fine but if you are worried just contact your midwife and check ... then you can be sure and relax
 Post Reply Post Reply