FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEarly labour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early labour
    Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:19pm
What are some things that helped you through Early Labour?

Im thinking of getting rescue remedy this time around and will see if that does anything.

I had a long labour with DD so just looking for ideas to try keep me comfortable at home as long as possible.
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:25pm
Heat packs and my bean bag. I used the bean bag to support me on my hands and knees so I could rock and not get tired
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:35pm
oohhh SMS you gave me a heart attack!!

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:15am
My waters broke at night round bed time so everyone went to bed and it was just me awake! I found it to be the longest twelve hours of my life! I tried laying down, watching tv, sleeping etc but have you considered hypnobirthing or what I did was just went off into my own little 'bubble' and passed the time and contractions by just imagining the end result, one contraction less etc.
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:31pm
DS1 - went for a walk and just did normal things, packed bag, then at night watched "Dirty Dancing", bath, then was time to go.

DS2 - same, went out for breakfast, walked along waterfront, got the bag ready, cleaned and tidied and watched Ghost.

Patrick Swayze theme for some weird reason, took my mind off it when it got worse.

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:37pm
I took rescue remedy thoughout my labour, not sure if it helped calm me down but was still a long labour and managed to do it all with just gas and RR. Worth a try IMO. I spose you could also try it before hand just to see if it works for you to de-stress you IYKWIM. I used it for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy since I was so worried about M/C and it really use to calm me down but my sister in law found it had no effect on her.

Angel baby - May 2008
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:02pm
My waters broke in the afternoon with DS2 and I had a friend and her DS come round to play with DS1 which helped keep me occupied. Then DH came home and put DS1 to bed and we had tea and watched How I Met Your Mother and went for walks around the block. The laughter helped :) My labour wasn't all that long though, waters broke at 2, went to hospital at 12.30ish and D was born at 4.53am.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
sarasal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarasal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:12pm
Mine took a really long time to get started so I'll just tell you what didn't help! Watching scary movies, having fight with neurotic mother, being around nervous people. I watched No Country for Old Men - should have gone for Dirty Dancing! Supposedly adrenaline can cause labour to stall.
 Post Reply Post Reply