FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSugar cravings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sugar cravings
    Posted: 12 June 2011 at 10:25pm
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to deal with sugar cravings/foods to eat that help with it?

I never used to have a sweet tooth but I got PND after DS was born and so I'm on antidepressants, which I have found make me get sugar cravings in a big way. I have been trying to manage them as best I can but the cravings can be overwhelming.

Any tips? I try to eat fruit/yoghurt for something sweet but sometimes it's hard to stop at that.
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 11:52pm

I have a sweet tooth too - love chocolate. I use the low fat jarrah hot choc with a few marshmellows or choc paddle pop. Pinky bar an occasional treat not as bad as most choc bars as mostly marshmellow or homemade choc custard made with green milk.

It is possible to have just 1-2 squares of lindt choc. But mostly I don't like to have the temptation in the house - the last bar was the first and only time I have ever managed to eat 1 square a night til finished usually somewhere along the line I finish it off in one go!

For me I think its better to have a little of what you want, I have tried eating fruit and yoghurt instead but still unsatisfied so eat more calories than if just have a wee portion of what you want.

Edited by jules1980
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 12:37pm
Yeah I think that's true. I try to only buy dark chocolate as if its milk chocolate I can't stop at just a little, lol. Thanks for the suggestions will give them a try :)

It's hard because when you're craving sugar and trying not to have it, it's all you can think about hehe.
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply