FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2x C-Sections in 12 Months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NewMummyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewMummyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2x C-Sections in 12 Months
    Posted: 19 June 2011 at 5:41pm
Before you say anything, yes I know im nuts... Who in there right mind has 2 babies in one year haha

well... that would be me!

DD was born Feb 19th 2011 at 38 weeks by Emergency C-section and this wee bean is due Feb 1st 2012, however Im likely to get GDM again so this bub will most likely be born Jan 19th, yup 11 months apart.

Im not a keen VBAC'er, I was induced with DD and after 3 days of awful contractions failed to progress further than 2cms dialated, they broke my waters and DD's heart rate dropped with every contraction resulting in the emergency C-section. Recovery was great, felt normal within 5-10 days.

Anyone, im just looking for anyone who has been in a similar situation? Has had 2 C-sections close together etc etc

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 8:07pm
hey I will let you know how my friend goes.

she had her twins on may28 2010 and was due fri 17 june 22011, she wants a vbac as a single bubs this time and is going in for monitoring tomorrow, her DH told me on fri they wont induce her tomorrow too dangerous on scar as big with twins. so if she doesnt go naturally over the weekend she will prop hav a c/s mon/tues Im guessing
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 8:16pm
I had two CS in 14 months First was an emergency CS June 23 2008 and second was elective August 27 2009! It was totally fine, went great, no issues(apart from DD being so far down).

You'll be all good!

Edited by Sheza

UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:20am

Girls Rock. Good luck for your friend - 13 month twins and a singleton on the way. Hope she has family and friends to help with the older two.

Sorry Jade no advice but congrats and good luck.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 10:14pm
Holy crap man! hehe.. you mad bugger ;) Theres a few girls on the forums who had babies like you are (how you even thought about sex that soon after the first I will never know!) so they might be able to help. I do know however your MW and hospital team will most likely watch you like a hawk towards the end!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:47pm
Heya
Just reporting back my friend ended up having her single baby by emergency forceps, which comes with loads of stitches episotemy, brusing and heamaroids (sp) she very sore, but a different kinda sore to c/section as Ive had babies both those ways as well.

she really wanted to avoid c/s cos of the twin 1 year olds. she was 3 days overdue, the ob wouldnt induce her cos of risk of scar rupture, but luckly she went into labour naturally.

anyway id be the same as you although I had vb/verntouse/forceps delivery first, I would never have another vb again and will always go c/s as thats the best for my body & my baby. but everyone is different.

I would prefer the pain/scar of a c/s anyday over that of a episotemy/forceps delivery. But everyone is different as my friend has proved.

I'd just go with what the medical professionalls recommend and what you feel most at ease with, cos a happy mum makes for a happy baby! Good Luck
fadeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 12:06am
I had my C/S and VBAC 13mths apart. I couldnt have imagined trying to deal with an active 1yr old and a newborn after having a c/s! Good luck with your pregnancy and birth.
DD 9 ~ DD 8 ~ DS 7 ~ DS 5 ~ DS 2 ~ DS 14mths ~ DD 3mths
 Post Reply Post Reply