FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSIMPLE crafts for 1-3 year olds for....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlotteandhuntersmummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIMPLE crafts for 1-3 year olds for....
    Posted: 22 June 2011 at 8:08pm
hi everyone, i run a playgroup and are wanting some fresh new craft ideas? the issue im having is the kids are only young my son being 2.6 years is one of the oldest!

does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks
Sponsored Links

Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:27pm
My son loved collage, sticking lots of brightly coloured stuff onto a page. Finger paints are fun and there is always playdough.

notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 2:08pm
paper mashet? with balloons?

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
Lotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 3:44pm
Try potato prints - cut a potato in half. cut into each half a pattern or shape (if like me you are not that artistic you can use a cookie cutter and then cut away the excess. A dish of paint and large piece of paper will keep the kids busy for a while. I put the potato stampers in cling film in the fridge and they last quite a while. Alternatively buy a set of stampers - my son (2.5) loves them
alphabetart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphabetart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 9:03pm
I run a craft class for under 5's and two things that have been a perennial hit are using duraseal and coloured cellophane to make stained glass windows (fold a piece of duraseal in half, remove half the backing and have the kids go to town sticking pre-cut shapes. When they are finished, fold over the other half.) The other is bubble printing- the key there is the kids have to know how to blow and not suck the watery, soapy paint solution. Put the solution in a cup, use straws to blow bubbles (like you do with milk) and let the bubbles overflow into a tray, the use some paper or cardstock to make prints of the bubbles. It makes nice stationery or bookmarks.
third time lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 7:49am

alpha - cool ideas, thanks.  I'll be trying that stained glass one with my wee boy

My son is 2.5 and i'm a quilter.  One thing he has enjoyed is ironing cloths together (I do the hot bit!).  To prepare, you iron fusible web onto the back of some squares of fabric, then remove the backing and cut (or let kids cut) the cloth into different shapes.  They can then lay the shapes out on some backing cloth, and you iron it on.  Fabric can have to much more texture and pattern than paper, and you can get some beautiful results - no problem if pieces overlap either, just adds to the effect.

With older kids and smaller pieces you can get a really amazing mosaic effect

Edited by third time lucky
cheekycherub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekycherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 4:33pm
Are you a member of http://pinterest.com/ ?   I have found some awesome ideas on that website in the way of preschooler activites and the likes among other things. Here are a couple of ideas for the littlies ....

As I am a newbie, I hope I am allowed to post links. If not, My apologies!!   

http://www.jellyfishjelly.com/?p=1785

http://www.playcreateexplore.com/2011/03/marble-painting.html

http://theiowafarmerswife.blogspot.com/2011/06/rainy-day-activities-colorful.html

Post Reply Post Reply