FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone soy free?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone soy free?
    Posted: 28 June 2011 at 7:55pm
Is anyone out there not eating soy? I am looking at cutting down on it as my research shows its not a very good thing to be consuming.

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 10:09pm
DS1 was soy free for his first year of life as he was allergic to dairy and was advised to keep him off soy as well. If you steer clear of most processed food it's pretty easy to do, worse thing was trying to find a bread that didn't have it in, found that it was either rice breads or new world use to stock, assuming they still do, an organic white bread that was soy free and tasted like normal bread.

We are mostly off processed foods(cos of just all the general crap in them as well as the soy), only a few products that I purchase so we are mostly soy free because of that. I do buy the standard bread now though and that has soy in it.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 10:15pm
Yup Soy free here

Apparently it was on "What's in our food" tonight.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 10:16pm
Or you make your own bread which is soy free. You only need to add milk powder to your bread to improve the crust.
Kel

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 10:21pm
Yeah it was I saw that. They said all the bad things it could do and then pretty much not to worry cos they don't have enough evidence that you should be concerned about it, so keep eating it and I'm sure it 20 years they will say we shouldn't have been...lol

I think like most things it's not the soy that's the issue it's the amount, the same as them dumping heaps of dairy and gluten into everything as well, is not the way we are suppose to eat. I would think, but I'm no expert in nutrition, that if you mostly avoid processed foods you don't really need to worry about it.

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:54pm
Okay thanks for the replies, I do try to avoid processed food as much as I can, but I get stuck for snack ideas that arnt fruit or vege or pasta.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 2:08pm
Plain Rice crackers (Pams & Sakata) are basically everything free, kids love them as well. I think the Budget snacking crackers are soy free as well?

Bake things like banana loaf & pikelets. Kids can eat the same things day in & day out they don't really care. It's us that likes to vary it.
Kel

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 7:43pm
I've just been doing the research about soy myself, someone gave me a book with the dangers in it, haven't seen the tv programme. I have just focused on soy milk for now as I don't drink std milk only soy and rice milk. Have found oat milk not a bad substitute, but hadn't thought about all the products with soy in. It seems limitless sometimes. I try to limit the amount of processed food too, it seems the only way.

Post Reply Post Reply