FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedADHB Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Velvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADHB Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic
    Posted: 22 September 2011 at 2:06pm
I'm not pregnant yet (TTC in 3 weeks), but today I found out that as soon as I am UTD I will be referred to the ADHB Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic, as I have an auto-immune condition, which means I will need to be closely monitored during pregnancy.

I know nothing about the ADHB Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic, and was wondering if you lovely ladies who have had experience with them, can share with me a bit about it... anything really :)

Thank you so much!

Angel Baby, March 2012
Sponsored Links

buzylizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzylizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 3:19pm
I don't know about it. Do you mind me asking what it is that you have?
Velvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by buzylizy buzylizy wrote:

I don't know about it. Do you mind me asking what it is that you have?

Hopefully a few people in here are able to tell me a bit about it

It is a condition called 'Systemic Sclerosis', I believe it is relatively rare.

Angel Baby, March 2012
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 3:29pm
We were partly under them as DS2 was considered high risk for cardiac deficits - so he was the patient rather than me. We only saw them for extra scans. We found them great - staff were really professional but friendly, well organised, clear prompt communication.

I have several friends who have been under them and speak really highly of them. Try searching OB for "fetal medicine" or "high risk", and you might find some stories.

GL
Mum to two wee boys
Velvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:33pm
thanks fire_engine.
Sounds great :) so that's good news!
I had a search for 'fetal medicine' and even just 'fetal' and couldn't find anything... maybe I'm using the search engine the wrong way!

Angel Baby, March 2012
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:58pm
We were under three teams there when our daughter was in my belly - she is the sick one though not me. I would imagine that regular scanning would be part of your process - and referral to the appropriate team if neccessary. Very proffessional , higly skilled team from what we have experienced.

Many high risk teams either run from there or have regular clinics - hopefully you will have no need to see anyone in particular - other than a midwife who will ensure your scans are booked and your health is good

All the best
http://lilypie.com]
 Post Reply Post Reply