FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2010 P&T Explorer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 P&T Explorer
    Posted: 12 January 2012 at 10:52pm
Anyone else had a problem with theirs? We bought ours in November, and have always been concerned that its a terrible pram (unstable, wobbly and def not an off-road pram) but have finally sent it back to P&T. Would be very interested in hearing anyone else's opinions

Sponsored Links

j@l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j@l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 8:36am
We bought one last year too - seems fine, but the only offroading I've done is across the park/grass verges etc so I haven't really challenged it!
Only con is the hood that falls off each time I put the buggy in the car!
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 2:12pm
We got ours in March 2011 and I love it. The hood annoys me a bit but apart from that its great. I've only done parks and grass for off-roading too though.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 7:37pm
hmmm....I love the hood! It does fall off occasionally, but its such a great idea & means I dont have to use sunshade with DD kicks off anyway.

Sounds likes its probably just my particular pram then :( Hopefully they will replace it because it is seriously junk.

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 9:06pm
We got ours around October last year (I think we may have even spoke on here about prams Squoggs) Anyway, we LOVE it though again we don't do much off-roading, just in parks/fields. Our hood doesn't fall off, that would be annoying though (touch wood)! All in all we are really happy with it. I hope it was just that particular pram and they are able to do something about it

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 1:14pm
Ok, so P&T customer service is pretty useless, they replaced the front wheel and blew up the tires. Babycity where I bought it from have received it back from P&Ts, checked it, and have now sent it back AGAIN - also needs a new frame, and 2 more new wheels. I am shocked and angered that P&T considered the pram 'fixed' and fobbed it off as deflated tires when there is obviously a much bigger problem here.

The lady at babycity also said 'it's not really an off-road pram and you shouldn't really be running with it' WTF???!!!! That's the whole reason I bought it...totally not fit for purpose, and they advertise 'proven off-road dependabillty'. I can't believe they thought it was safe, and were happy for me to push my two children in it, then suddenly the frame needs to be replaced. So upset, I hope someone from P&T reads this because emailing them privately has been a waste of time.

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 6:16pm
We got ours in October 2010 and had heaps of problems too. New tires after they blow up one after the other. New frame after a voluntary recall by P&T due to some issue with the break. And also a new hood as it was a PITA and kept coming off.

It's been ok since then but I would not buy it again.

I think they have a place on their website where you can ask questions so maybe try that?
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 7:25pm
Mines ok now it has new wheels and new frame, but its still a hunk of junk compared to my valco or a MB. Would definately not recommend to anyone, but if anyone has their heart set on the explorer, try and buy a second hand e3 or sport, as they are much better & much stronger & much sturdier with the kids in.

We had a loan pram while mine was getting fixed, a really old e3, and it was AWESOME! I wanted to trade my brand new explorer for the bashed up old loan pram...thats gotta say something!

ANd thanks Sem, I have been in touch with p&t, but like I mentioned earlier, customer service isn;t their strong point once you have bought the product :(

Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 4:19pm
Squoggs, do P&T have a Facebook page? Post something up there outlining your issues and I bet you will get a response ASAP.
Two little girls under 2!

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 4:46pm
hmm, I did notice the other day that they were swapping the frames on the Explorer model (free of charge), I think the ones built in 2010?

Identifiable by serial numbers between 0610/0001 and 0111/4788 (from the website) LINKY
Casablanca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casablanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:39pm
we also bought ours in November 2010, your right it is rubbish! We have had pretty much the entire thing replaced - wheels, sunshade and entire frame. After dozens of calls and emails to P+T the best we could get was replacement parts. They refused to replace the whole buggy. I was so annoyed as its quite an expensive buggy, you'd expect it to go the distance.

On the + side, now that everything has been replaced it is pretty good, we have had no more problems. Anyone that has probs with the sunshade falling off, definately get it replaced, they have changed the design and it stays on much better.

I had a friend who said that with P+T its not a good idea to buy their new products - they take a while to iron out all the problems.. probably true as I think this buggy was fairly new to the market around the time we got it.
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 1:23pm
thanks casablanca, this is exactly what happened to me. New wheels, new frame...but no new pram! Their customer service is poor, and they kept blaming it on the shop we bought the pram from. Our sunshade is great tho...only part of the pram that works!! I can't even bring myself to sell pram on TM because I honestly can't say much else that is good about it :(

p.s. frame & wheels replaced one month ago, and I think they're almost going to need replacement again as i think all my walking (10+km daily) is too tough on it...and thats not even off road. We call it 'the hunk of junk'!

Post Reply Post Reply