FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone else overdue & bored???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pumpkino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpkino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else overdue & bored???
    Posted: 07 March 2012 at 10:10am
As the title suggests really. I'm only 5 days over but there's been absolutely no sign of anything happening and DS1 was 16 days late so I'm not holding my breath!

Last time I stopped work at about 37 weeks and got so bored I was going out of my mind, so this time I worked up to 39 weeks, but it's happening again...

So far I have:

- reorganised all the bookshelves in the house
- cleaned out and reorganised the linen closet
- scanned a whole bunch of old non-digital photos and sorted all the digital photos into albums

Today I'm thinking about ruthlessly cleaning out my clothes, putting away all my work stuff (as I won't be wearing it for the next few months at least) and maternity clothes except for what I need to get through the next week or so. And just a general clear out.

Any other ideas?? What have you been doing to keep occupied - other than constantly wondering if that twinge was a contraction?
Sponsored Links

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 3:40pm
Lol! Not overdue but I know the feeling...when I was having DS I had to stay 1.5hrs away from home and we stayed in a campsite in a cabin, in North Queensland in the middle of summer, and I was 10 days overdue and had been in this cabin for two weeks before due date...so needless to say I know cabin fever when it comes to town!

My main escape was going to the air con in the shopping centre but soon got bored of Big W lol but I am sure where you live must be more interesting than where we were hehe.

Anyway, not much help but thought I would share the awesomeness that was....might keep you amused for like a minute while you read it.

hopefully you won't be waiting much longer!

Oct 11
SethsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 4:44pm
Not overdue (not even due!) right now but definitely know the feeling. DS was 11days over in the middle of summer! GRRR
I read a LOT.
Had ridiculously over the top lunches (even made a roast for myself once).
And made sure all of DS clothes were folded into squares exactly the same size, in colours and sizes.
I don't really have much to help but I feel your pain!
On a side note, I went into full blown labour as soon as my waters broke with no warning cramping....so maybe not soooo long just cause there aren't signs yet.
Oh I also had about 7 cups of raspberry leaf tea each day! Haha!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 7:39pm
I hear ya!  Went 8 days overdue here.  Eventually I got out the sewing machine and made muselin wipes and wraps - were very useful too.  Hopefully you won't have to endure too much longer.
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 7:26pm
Well Pumpkino, you haven't been back in so wonder if you have seen some action!

Oct 11
pumpkino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpkino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 9:18pm
Yes Nutella, problem solved!!

Hugo was born at 3:17am on Friday 9 March by emergency c-section. I was due to be induced at 7am that day - I really didn't want to be induced especially as I was only a week over but a scan showed I suddenly had low fluid and my OB didn't want to wait. I guess Hugo heard me whinging about induction and decided to get a move on!

Unfortunately the birth was not the natural experience I had hoped for - I had pretty much every intervention known to man before they decided to do an em cs but that's a story for another day. Even more unfortunately Hugo was in the neonatal intensive care unit until 11pm last night as they thought he was going to require surgery but happily they were able to treat him without operating and he is now with me on the post natal ward where he belongs.

Suffice to say it has been a hellish few days and I think I've lost several years off my life but everything is looking rosy now and we are being discharged tomorrow, yay!

With a high octane 2 year old ("Tornado Toby") and a newborn with a flair for drama at home I doubt I will ever be bored again!!!
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 5:14pm
Aw congrats. Guess you went from being very bored to having too many dramas for your liking!
Enjoy your new baby

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply