FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1st AF affter MC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st AF affter MC
    Posted: 13 April 2012 at 8:07am
Ive just got AF - 31 days after the mc, and its so so heavy. Much heavier than any AF Ive had before, and with quite a few clots, but nothing like the hemorraging I had with the mc. I dunno if its "normal" of not.
I had a scan the day after the mc and there was no retained products, and I had blood test this week and my hcg is normal.
This happened to anyone else?
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:45am
I rang the Dr who said the 1st period can be heavy, and is giving me a script for tablets to reduce bleeding. Im not one for taking meds tho, so will see how I go.
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:19am
I'm sorry you're going through it

My first period after a D&C was dreadful. Really heavy and clotty, too.
I hope you get some relief soon

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:32am
Good to hear Im not the only one, but sorry you went through this too.
I was suprised to get my period since I bled for 2 1/2 weeks after the mc- thought it might take a few months to come back.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 12:12pm
Sounds just like what I had my last miscarriage, bleed for ages & then at 35 days got a really heavy period.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 12:58pm
Yip me too, my first Af after all my mc's were heavy and yuck. Much like your first AF after having a baby. Hope you are doing ok now Kellz
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 1:46pm
Thanks everyone. Good to know its normal.
Yep Kelly Im doing good now thanks. Back to work tomorrow- have been off work a month recovering from the loss of blood- was so weak and exhausted for ages.
Velvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 10:24am
I'm glad I found this... I'm now at 30 days since my m/c started and wondering where AF is, as my cycles are very regular and 28 days normally.
I guess it's normal for it to take a while longer after m/c? (mine was at 5 weeks)
I was sooo crabby and irritable last weekend and at the start of this week, I was sure it was PMS. guess I'll just keep waiting and prepare myself for heavy AF!

Angel Baby, March 2012
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 4:30pm
I got AF back on day 32 ( counting the mc as day 1 ) and normally have a 24 day cycle. Apparently it can take up to 4 months to return.

Have u had bloods checked to make sure your hcg is back to normal? I had these done at 4 weeks after the mc- I had a scan after the mc, but even then there is still a chance of retained products, which would stop AF.
Velvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 2:58pm
AF showed up on day 32 (on Saturday) for me too.
Yes, I had bloods and scans (normal ultrasound and internal one) within the week after the MC to confirm everything was back to normal, which it was pretty quickly.
Dr said we only had to wait for one period, so back to BDing again this month, it seems like so long ago that we were able to, when really, it wasn't!
editing to say, my AF isn't strangely heavy or clotted, when I MC, it lasted for a bit over a week, and there was a lot of clots. I think because I was only 5 weeks along, it's different to yours Kellz, as there's less inside for me to have to pass. if that makes sense.

Edited by Velvet

Angel Baby, March 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply