FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do you deal with talking back?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you deal with talking back?
    Posted: 19 April 2012 at 6:08pm
Miss 3.5 has start back chatting all the time. Seriously driving me mad. Im interested to know how people deal with this because surely im not the only one who deals with this????

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 7:31pm
I'd love to know, Mr 4.5 does and it drives me mental
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 12:06pm
What is being said?

I have used "Excuse me don't talk to me like that" on more than one occasion!

I guess it depends on the situation as to how I handle it.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 7:01pm
I am pretty blunt I usually say something along the lines of I am not putting up with that bullsh*t, speak to me nicely or go and sit in your room until you are ready to behave. That goes for whining too, I don't put up with that either. She usually flounces off to sit in her room for a few minutes and then comes out and behaves herself. If she goes back to talking back or whining I just ask her to go back to her room and not come out till she is talking more nicely.
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 9:29pm
If I have already asked them not to talk to me like that, or not answer back, and have given a warning ... then I put them in time out in their room. If its whining and its really getting to me, then I will let them know I will be ignoring that voice and that they will need to talk to me nicely if they want me to listen. If they want something, they will start talking nicely if they know I'm not listening anymore (ie not getting what they want!).
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 12:23pm
we do the ignoring and will answer when he talks appropriately. as he is getting cheeky with it we take him down on his reward chart and if it continues time out. he gets warnings then we follow through.

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:59pm
We have been doing alot more time out. She just comes straight back out and behaves the same way.

Its annoying because we have such good days and she is a little angel. Then the next day she has a new personality and is such a little ****. Its always either a good or bad day nothing in between.

Guess this phase will pass like the others, cant wait to see what comes next.
 Post Reply Post Reply