FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow DoYou Strip Nappies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sophiana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How DoYou Strip Nappies?
    Posted: 14 July 2012 at 6:34pm
Hi,Guys'
Actually my sister in law has a 6 month baby,and she want to know about, how do you Strip baby nappies.Anyone help will be highly appreciated.

Edited by sophiana
Nice to meet u
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 8:04pm
Different brands have different recommendations. Has she checked with the manufacturer? They shouldnt need stripping after only 6 months i would think.

sophiana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 10:34pm
Thanks for your feedback.
Nice to meet u
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 3:19pm
I do a hot wash and then wash them in 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda, with another 1/4 cup vinegar in the rinse cycle. I probably strip every 4 or 5 months or so - when they seem to be staying a little smelly after being washed.

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 8:38pm
I was strip washing with Dishwashing liquid (1/2 cup, wash then rinse till there are no bubbles) but have just done a Rock N Green strip wash and MUCH better, just 2Tbl of RNG, fill machine with hot water, let soak for an hour then wash as per usual (without adding any extra detergant)

Def check the manufacturer's recommendation, I stip wash maybe every 3-4 months, when I notice they are a bit smelly.... we wash normally in RNG on cld

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 11:59am
Yip same as what CrazyCass said.

Using vinager and baking soda actully stuffs the PUL and Elastics in the nappy. This is the way i used to do it as it's what i was told. After using dish wash and warm/hot water or rocking green i would never go back to the vinager and baking soda.
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

angeldook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeldook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:46am
Hi, where can you buy the rock n green strip wash from? I've never heard of it and my nappies are getting stinky :) Also is this safe to use on Real Nappies outers do you know? Thanks kindly
 Post Reply Post Reply