FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do you keep on smiling?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you keep on smiling?
    Posted: 08 October 2012 at 10:41pm
I know that I'm comparison to some my TTC journey isn't as long as others, but how do you keep smiling, keep going and keep hoping?

DH and I had a big chat today, he thought we were on a totally different plan, he thought we were seeing what happens, I thought we were seriously TTC.

I feel like giving up
Sponsored Links

Sag76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sag76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 9:47pm
Hugs Tiger Lily - it's a hard journey and I sincerely hope that yours is a short one.

Take each day as it comes - massive hugs

xxx
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:19pm
I've been on this journey for WAY to long and to be honest I go through fazes of being OK and positive and then also have my down days/weeks. I think it is natural, when a cycle fails I normally try and give myself a week to be down then pick myself up ready for OV and to do it all again.
Really hope you don't have to wait too long hun xxx
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:21pm
Oh dear Tiger Lily - in a mans mind they probably mean the same thing anyway!

Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:18pm
Thanks, it's all down to not wanting too big an age gap, I thought we'd have a new Bub before Christmas, my EDD was 30 Nov and that would've meant 2 years 3 months age gap with our DD, now it's looking like closer to 3 years. I've made a half hearted decision that if I'm not UTD by her 3rd b'day we'll call it quits ... But I know that would be a seriously hard decision to make
DH has promised me that we'll get PGy this month and I'm holding him to that!
The deal is though that he wants to BD every.single.day until I get a BFP! Eeeek!
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 7:30am
i can understand how it is tiger lily as i have been ttc#1 about the same amount of time as you. and if you asked my DH he would have the same response, at least your DH is trying to come up with a solution hehe. Hope your wait isnt too much longer, i think me and DH may have to try the BD everyday till it happens, maybe just BD 4 days coming up to O and for 2 days afterwards.
Good luck to you and try to keep your head up and smiling i know it is hard
Orca1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 4:06pm
We are lucky to have a beautiful daughter but our journey for #2 has been a long and heartbreaking one and is still going!   Try not to get too stressed out about the age gap. I did, and it took me a long time to accept that its totally out of our control.

Good luck, try and be positive and I hope it happens for you soon.
DD born 2008
Oct 2009, April 2010, Dec 2010, June 2011
7 x IVF/ICSI/PGD = BFN
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 9:55pm
Hugs cos it doesn't matter how long or short the journey it still sucks times. As for the man thing agree with what was said above - mine never got really serious about it and if he did it almost always ended in disaster!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 11:58pm
Hi,
Kumeroa, I don't know if you read the charting thread but one of the other girls and I were discussing timing in there and she posted a great explanation from Fertility Friend (who most of us use to chart our cycles), it's on page 1337 of the Charting Girls thread and I think it was Sag76 that posted it. As someone that has to get the timing pretty perfect as we are doing home insemination using donor sperm, I've done a lot of research!! And I've definitely heard the same as what her guidelines recommend. A key thing being that if you wait till after ovulation it's often too late, the time before ovulation (especially the 3 days before it) are absolutely the best for trying to conceive :-)
Good luck!

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 1:08pm
Hi PepiBabe,
I'm not charting because I'm on shift work so very hard to temp etc at same time of day.
I've been using OPK's and when I get a +ve we go from there ... from what you said above, would you suggest to not wait for that +ve and get on to it a few days before?
I've been getting +ve OPK's either CD 13 or 14
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 1:12pm
Hey Orca,
Thanks for the advice about not fretting about the age gap, I really need to let go of that!
I've got friends with younger children than our DD and they're either UTD or already have #2, I think that's why it's been getting to me a wee bit ... Who knows.
FX I'll get a BFP before Christmas! I'd happily give up Christmas Trifle for a BFP! and sushi, wine, ham!
Maybe that should be my Christmas wish
Orca1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 5:27pm
Hi Tiger-Lily

I understand its really hard not to fret and made harder when people around you are expanding their families.   In the time we have been trying to have #2 friends of ours have added to their family twice!!! I eventually had to stop stressing about it, trying to have a baby is stressful enough and its a waste of energy worrying about something which is out of your control.    

We are about to start #6 IVF cycle so lets hope we both get early xmas presents this year!
DD born 2008
Oct 2009, April 2010, Dec 2010, June 2011
7 x IVF/ICSI/PGD = BFN
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:24pm
Hi Tiger-lily, sorry for slow response I've bee really busy.
I don't use OPKs often so not an expert, but I think from memory that they are supposed to give you about a 36 hour window from when they show positive till when you actually ovulate. If that is correct, then I'd give it a try BD'ing a day or two in advance. I aim to have the sperm in there laid back and relaxing in advance of the egg starting her journey. For example I expect to ovulate on day 13 (next Sunday), so depending on my other signs - fertile egg white mucus, open, high, soft cervix, and I will also check with OPKs, we will start inseminations on either Wed (day 9) or Thurs (day 10) and continue them once daily till I think I have ovulated. Since the sperm can live for at least 5 days and possibly up to 7 days, and they say optimal may be 3-4 days, then we should be about right. Plus I'd quite like a girl and so 'older' sperm are more likely to result in that. (As the boy ones rush on ahead and tire themselves out before the more leisurely girly ones do!)

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 11:19am
Thanks Pepi-Babe + Orca

FX for you both for your IUI and IVF
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 6:59am
Men are so typically on the wrong page.. even when you tell them black is black sometimes they still think its grey I had to have a wee giggle at your reaction to BD'ing everyday till a BFP lol

Sometimes I wish I was a very religious person so you could put it down to 'a greater plan' or something or other.. but I'm not religious at all so it just seems unfair when other people are out there having babies seemingly willy nilly

I'm with you on the Christmas wish and giving up everything for it! Need to keep positive
 Post Reply Post Reply