FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp please! How many do i need?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help please! How many do i need?
    Posted: 06 January 2013 at 7:10pm
Hi ladies,

i have used itti bitti d'lish SIO for my 2nd boy for a few months. we had 8 nappies that suited us well and we did it almost full time but then he toilet trined. well that was almost 4 yrs ago. i am now half way through my pregnancy with my 3rd boy and my partner and i want to use cloth nappies but i don't know how many i need.

we have been given about a box and a half of newborn huggies nappies that we will use but i would like to go to cloth nappy once those run out

So in conclusion, my question is how many do i need? i will eventually be getting my 8 Mediums back from my ex but until then i will need to know how many and how many after that. i have never has experience with a newborn in cloth so would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks so much in advance

Sponsored Links

Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:54am
A good amount to start with is at least 15 nappies. I have roughly 25 nappies in my stash and that allows me to wash every 2nd day :)
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:12pm
I'm using about 15 tutto, but yeah 8-10 a day?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Keleho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keleho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:19pm
I have 14 tuttos, 3 med AIOs (which I dont use atm) and 3 large AIOs - more than enough if I wash every other day/every day
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 9:31pm
thanks ladies, i guess i have a long way to go then :)

JuniperNZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniperNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 6:53pm
I think I had about 25 prefolds, washed every 2 days. Prefolds are cheap so it's easy to have lots and that was also for a winter baby so i didn't have to use the dryer. I reckon more is better - that way you don't stress about getting them dry in time and also means that the elastic/velcro use is less as is spread over more outers/or what every type of MCN you use.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 4:05pm
15 prefolds and 6 covers worked for us, I found tutto's weren't so great on a Newborn.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 4:25pm
A lot will depend on how often you want to wash and dry them and also what sort. SOme of the AIO's can take a lot longer to dry and be more time consuming.

farmgal72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmgal72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 9:36am
Whats the best brand? I picked u[p the council introduction pack and it has 4 different looking nappies.....what do you ladies rec for a newborn?
39 yrs
TTC #1 since March 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply