FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcomplicated C.S question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
raychill23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raychill23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: complicated C.S question
    Posted: 09 February 2013 at 8:21pm
okay so i have two children, both in my day-day care. they have different fathers. i am currently single and on the benefit as well as working 5 hours a week. the father of child #1 has asked me if we can changed to SHARED CARE. i'm just wondering how the heck child support would work in a situation like that?? i've been googling and getting no where, i guess the most complicated part being the fact i have care of child #2 as well
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 11:17am
Pretty sure shared care means no child support as you both share the care and therefore money matters equally.

SarahKingsto118065 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahKingsto118065 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 6:56pm
Shared care doesn't necessarily mean no CS. It all depends on who earns more. My 2 children spend one week with me and one week with their dad and he pays child support to me. I work part time so am on less income - same job I had when together with the dad. Many men think by going for shared care, they will 'get out of' of having to pay child support. (never mind the fact that means they have to do the mundane school lunchers, washing, homework etc etc).   Phone IRD for a 'quote' but you'll need to know the fathers income, or an estimate. This will give u an idea. Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raychill23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 7:51am
yes i do have a feeling it was a scheme to get out of paying child support, this shared care we initially agreed to start once term 2 of school started and i'm still waiting to see if it's going ahead
so i found out how it works...
-shared care child #1 he will pay his normal C.S to the government (i dont recieve it as i'm on a benefit)
-i will pay the minimum child support to him (if he applies)
-he can also apply for half the WFF i recieve for child #1

you know what i feel really doesnt make sense, is the fact that my second childs father pays half the minimum each month. so effectively i will be paying twice as much for a shared care than the drop kick father of child #2 pays for having zero contact. sorry if i'm not making sense here! oh and not having a moan about paying child support either, just pondering how they figured that one out   
victor123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victor123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:40am
That was really interesting to know it is on us that how to develop and take care of our kids so that they better come up in life like a fighter.
Beta22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beta22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 2:47pm
Going week on week off shared care does not get many dads out of paying CS. We have my step kids 50% of the time and still have to pay my husbands ex wife over $1100 every month because he earns well and she works part time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raychill23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 12:04pm
It's been a while but thought i'd update he never actually ended up getting shared care. Was a little bit disappointing, i was willing to make it work but then he just never brought up the topic again. At least he still sees him two nights a week, which is a heck of a lot more than some dads do
 Post Reply Post Reply