FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRunning Buggy's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yonnamalone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yonnamalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running Buggy's
    Posted: 05 January 2014 at 11:40am
I am weighing up between the Mountain Buggy Swift and the Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle. I do a bit of running, normally between 5 to 10KM and really want a buggy that I can still do this with. We have a Suzuki Swift and I'm not sure if the Urbangle Jungle will fit? Any help, advice or suggestions gratefully received
Sponsored Links

Kazzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 8:00pm
Hey, I had the same dilemma when I purchased our buggy mid last year. The Swift defintly seemed like the better because it was smaller and slightly lighter too. However the reason I ended up going for the Urban Jungle was because with the Swift being smaller, your child may grow too big for it before you are ready for them to no longer be in the buggy - mainly due to their height, but I think from memory they are narrower also. Running wise I cant remember which would be better, but I did most of my research via online reviews etc. and also our local Baby On the Move guy is awesome and really knows his stuff!! I find the Urban Jungle fantastic so far, however have only been using it for a couple of months and have had carry cot in use, not normal buggy seat.
I would say from what i read when researching DO NOT go for a Phil and Teds! But I know HEAPS of people that love them! lol. Dont think Phil and teds are very good for running at all though.
Anyway thats just my 2cents worth =) happy shopping! and running!!
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:31pm
Oh good thread to start! I had my heart set on the MB terrain...until I found out there are no add ons for a second child. We are tossing up between the MB +one or the P&T Navigator - but seeing Kazzie's feedback makes me think the +one is the better choice. I've been leaning towards MB anyway, I've heard/read mostly bad reviews about P&T. The lady at Baby City seemed very pro-P&Ts, she kept saying when you have two toddlers in the +one they both have to sit upright, you can't have one lying down. She did say, however, that she sees/knows of lots of people who run with either.

Thats not very helpful at all, is it?

Greenery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 9:28am
Bigger wheels are best for running (small wheel = more wheel rotations = tires wear faster)
Id go terrain (can buy a 12" wheel pack if you dont want the big wheels in town) or the baby jogger summit.
I have heard one of the P&T people now own Baby city lol.
I work in a baby store and id recommend other brands above P&T MB. Now they are owned by the same ppl.
Being completely unhelpful its best not to push a buggy when running as its bad for your joints lol.

Post Reply Post Reply