FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Missed" miscarriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Missed" miscarriage
    Posted: 21 July 2014 at 3:28pm
Hi everyone,

I've just got home from having an emergency scan (I noticed a little spotting yesterday) and the scan showed no heatbeat or placenta. I had no idea something was wrong until I noticed some blood yesterday, I had no cramps or other pain, but after doing a bit of Googling realised that this must be a "missed miscarriage".

I had a scan at 8w and the scan showed that the embryo was only measuring at 6w, the sonographer said it wasn't anything to worry about at the time as there was a strong heartbeat, that I must have got the date of ovulation wrong. I had no morning sickness (but neither had my mum with three of us) so I wasn't alarmed. Now looking back these things might have meant that the embryo simply wasn't developing normally.

Has anyone else experienced this? My mw said not to expect much more bleeding as there's nothing more to come away, do I just wait for a normal period to start? When will the fluid in my uterus come out?

I've only known I miscarried for a couple of hours, been crying and then feeling better, then crying again - I suppose that is a normal response. My natural instinct is to go online and learn everything I can about mc and part of my brain is already thinking about trying again. I see my Dr in a couple of days when I'm sure she'll answer many of my questions, but that seems too long to wait, I want to talk to someone about it now!

So thankful for these forums and all the wise women out there xx

Sponsored Links

seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:30pm
Hi there. You should come and join the TTC after miscarriage/loss thread, you will get great support there.

A lot of us in there have experienced missed mc. I had a full miscarriage a week after my scan so the situation is a bit different form yours. Hope to see you pop up in the other thread.

Very sorry for your loss xxx
MC February 2014

animaxnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animaxnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:38pm
Hi Mama, sorry you have had this happen, it can be very raw for a long time.
I had a missed miscarriage in December, started light bleeding at 8 weeks, turns out baby never made it past 6 weeks. After a week of light bleeding things got heavier and I passed larger clots for a week before eventually passing a ball of tissue about the size of a large egg. It was the placenta and early fetus. I didnt have too much pain, just like heavy period cramps. Unless they have seen that all the tissue has been absorbed you more than likely still have to pass your little one. The ttc after miscarriage forum is really lovely and filled with many women who have suffered a mmc.

Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 6:08pm
Hi there, so sorry :( I too had a missed mc in Jan this year. Scan at 10.5weeks showed baby stopped growing around 7weeks. I didn't have any spotting at all and had to have a d&c procedure to remove the products as they weren't moving themselves. I agree with the other ladies...the TTC after Miscarriage thread really helped me a lot (and still does)...it's a huge thing to go through, I hope you have some great support rallying around you xx
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 7:52pm
Hi Mama, I'm really sorry to hear of your MMC xxx
I too endured this this year. I went for the routine 12 week scan and discovered my baby died at 8w+3 back in February. Your emotions you're having is just the same as we all have. It's totally natural to be so up and down. Let yourself grieve all you need to.
I didn't have any spotting after it had passed so the d&c option was my best bet as I just 'knew' it wouldn't come on it's own, but also I didn't want to endure the whole miscarriage process, although some choose that option to let things go naturally. I'm assuming as you are fairly far along (further than5-6weeks) you will actually miscarry naturally, and it will be similar to a period although very heavy and possibly cramping?
Also I too agree with the ladies above. Without the support of the TTC after miscarriage thread I don't think I would have 'recovered' as quickly and bounced back into trying again. So huge hugs for you and hope you find some comfort in knowing 'we've been there' and you're not alone. X

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:12pm
Oh hugs mama! Such an emotional time. I had a full mc at 11 weeks, right from the beginning the sonographer was adamant my dates were out by 2 weeks..even though I knew the date I ovulated..when I had bub he was definitely 11 weeks when I looked at the info on how developed he should be- right down to knowing he was a boy..I was the same as you emotions-wise, once it started to sink in id go from bawling my eyes out to feeling absolutely fine 5 mins later, then id be bawling again.. so its normal. Just know you arent alone and yes come join us in the ttc after mc thread when you are ready xxx be kind to yourself xxx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:37pm
I'm so sorry mama. I've been unlucky enough to have 3 miscarriages and all of them have been 'missed'.
First one I showed up for my 12 week scan only to find it measured at 5 weeks. Second time I saw aheartbeat at 7weeeks only to find it was gone at my next scan at 9 weeks. Just recently had another one where I asked for an early scan and measured 5 weeks despite being 6.5 weeks. I am now 2 weeks post d&c so looking at starting TTC again as soon as my cycle returns to normal!

We have a very active TTC after miscarriage thread. Even if you aren't back to TTC yet you are more than welcome. It's more a thread for anyone after a miscarriage (although once pregnant most progress on to a seperte thread).

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 5:57pm
Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. As suggested I will head over to the TCC after mc thread. Turns out it did start all by itself, bleeding, clots, larger solid things and pretty intense cramps. I want to honor this process and not rush it, grieve, but also keen for my husband and I to move forward. xx
 Post Reply Post Reply