FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1/100 Chance my baby has Downs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
#9ontheway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #9ontheway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1/100 Chance my baby has Downs
    Posted: 11 October 2016 at 4:17pm
Hi, just received results from MW and she''s said I have a 1/100 chance of bubs being Downs... She's putting in a referral for me to have a CVS... Are there any support groups for ladies in my situation? I'd like to talk with other ladies and see how they cope while waiting results and what decisions they e made... I really dnt knw what to do or what to think... Wouldn't wish this situation onto anyone... 😔😔😔
Sponsored Links

Mumtoonelovelyhandful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtoonelovelyhandful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 11:22pm
Would also love to know if there are groups for people in similar situation, as I am also going through this - hugs to you!! I had a 1:20 risk for Down syndrome at my 12 wk scan and was high risk for the other trisomies also. I was referred to maternal fetal medicine, and following discussion with them I elected to have a CVS done at 13 weeks as I preferred to know what was happening then take things from there about what we would do with that information - there are no right or wrong answers to that one, they are all very personal and individual choices :) The team are absolutely wonderful and so caring. The CVS itself was ok although was a bit sore afterward for a couple of hours, and thankfully no complications from it. I am really glad I did it as waiting was really hard, so I now know that waiting another couple of weeks for an amnio, then having to wait for results from that would have been just too stressful, but that was just me. Waiting for results was the most stressful experience, so having support from friends and family is so important, but it can feel like a lonely time and like some of the joy of pregnancy has been taken from you. My results showed no evidence of the trisomies which was reassuring, but were not entirely normal unfortunately, so we continue to play a waiting game and have further scans and consultations planned over the coming weeks to continue to work it all out, and in the meantime continue to keep fingers and toes crossed that hopefully all will be ok or not too bad. Take care of yourself during the coming weeks and let yourself feel what you need to, its an emotional journey and I really wish you the best whatever happens :D
#9ontheway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #9ontheway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2016 at 2:04pm
Big Hugs to you also... My midwife has just sent the referral thru today.. Waiting is soooo hard but really there's no other way around it, I just have to wait.. I'm very anxious and mixed with a lot of emotions just wondering If, What, and Why... I really dnt knw what to do and it's making things worse as I'm feeling the baby flutters already... It definately has taken the joy of being pregnant away but I'll get thru it... Wishing u all the best... If I find any support groups I will let u knw... Take Care xx
 Post Reply Post Reply