FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPost Natal Hair Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Natal Hair Loss
    Posted: 04 December 2006 at 2:35pm
I'm being plagued by it! Honestly, for the past month my hair has been falling out in handfuls - the area by both temples is looking quite thin.

Any ideas on when it might actually STOP? I feel like a cat in moulting season
Selina

Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 3:04pm
It does continue for a while. I think while you are preggie, your hair grows super fast, and you don't shed alot, so after birth, it makes up for lost time. It won't happenb overnight, but it will happen! lol
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 3:09pm
Haven't noticed it this time, but with Maya it fell out in huge clumps for about the first 9 months or so.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
EthansMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EthansMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 4:48pm
Yea mine has been crazy. I really like my hair and don't want to lose all of it.

** MUM TO **
Ethan     29/08/2006
Brooke   22/09/2008
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:12pm
Yup, same problem here... in fact I started up a thread about it not so long ago... I shed EVERYWHERE, and when I come out of the shower and run my fingers through it my hands are covered, and I won't even mention how bad my hairbrush looks
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:43pm
Same. I had it right through pregnancy too, such a pain!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:02pm
I haven't had it but I've heard its pretty common, for the reasons jacobsmama said above, and you won't actually go bald
ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:13pm
i had it too, when i was washing my hair in the shower it fell out in clumps, the drain got really clogged up lol.
it's normal and it does stop, don't worry, you wo't go bald!

Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:38pm
I had it too! My hair fell out by the handful while I was b/feeding, but has stopped now thank goodness - I had serious bald patches at the front of my head, which have now been replaced by wispy baby hair.... noiiiiiiiiiiiice
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 4:24pm
Haha .. thanks ladies ... knew I wouldn't go bald, but just wondered when it might actually stop. Sounds like it could be soon - fingers crossed!

Jax - I know all the about drain clogging up - I flooded the bathroom last week and DH found LOTS of hair down the drain! Opps
Selina

Clara268756 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clara268756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2021 at 3:56pm
Oh my god, I'm so sorry hun! There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starts falling off as a woman. You definitely need more supplements in your life.

Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do...

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

This is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop our hair loss with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair!

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Clara
 Post Reply Post Reply