FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThoughts on and Experiences of Single Mother

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gehil265379 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gehil265379 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on and Experiences of Single Mother
    Posted: 18 October 2020 at 5:59am
Hey everyone,

I am considering entering into this situation, and I wanted to hear people's thoughts and especially, if anyone has been in this situation, their experiences and if it harmed the kid.

I am a 34 year old single lesbian woman and I really want a kid. This is no whim. I have done a lot of 'work' on myself over the last decade to ensure that I would be a stable and good parent; I have a house and a job that would allow me to be flexible (self-employed) and a good network of friends and family. These I think all set me up to be a good parent - but I am single...

So, I am thinking of having a child as a single person in an intentional co-parenting situation. This would mean having a child with a friend who is also committed to child-rearing. I have a gay friend who might be into this idea, and would be a great Dad, but he lives in Spain so I think this rules him out. I have also heard that there are 'meet ups' where you can build relationships with potential co-parents and I am thinking of checking these out. Obviously, in this case, I would take my time to know the person and build a foundation of trust...

When I think about it, I am stuck between excitement and joy and then disbelief. Like, I fear I am trying to make 2 + 2 = 5 and that I should give up on this dream. But that is truly devastating to me. I think I would find life extremely difficult in that case. It makes me have a lot more sympathy with gay people who get married hetereosexually to have children, although it's something I couldn't do myself, because I get the desire now. But I want the best for the kid too, naturally. So I feel stuck.

So, thoughts and experiences please :-)https://trackeasy.fun/usps/https://showbox.tools/

Edited by gehil265379 - 21 October 2020 at 10:20am
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply