FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHeads Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heads Up
    Posted: 07 March 2007 at 4:28pm
FYI for stroller buyers;

We went to Baby Factory on Monday and put our Mountain Buggy on Layby (we got the Designer one very cool)

While we were there the Manager told us that the Urban Elite and the Urban would be going on special in a couple of weeks, from memory I think she said the Elite would have $100 off and the Urban would have around $70 off. Mountain Buggy will then be putting the prices up on those two buggies in April, they will go up to over $700....
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 7:04pm
Ohhhhh thanks so much for the heads up on this! I really want the Urban Elite so might just have to bite the bullet and get it in the next few weeks!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 7:56pm
just a wee note, if you are planning on having more than one bubba, and reasonable close in age, they don't do toddler seats...Can be an expensive exersize having to buy another buggy when #2 arrives..
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Desiree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 10:25am
We are planning on getting a mountain buggy, but as we are not due until September, and they only have a 1 year warranty I am a little hesitant about buying it too early and using the warranty up while it is just sitting around. And I think that if you put goods on laybuy the warranty starts from the date of the laybuy, not the date you pick up the goods. So im not sure what to do?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 10:50am
Warranty starts from when you collect it, same as if you laybuy a watch or something like that. Until the goods leave the store.
Desiree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 11:17am
I just rung the Baby Factory, and they said that the warranty definately starts from the date that you put it on laybuy. But she said that they dont usually have any problems with them at all, other than punctures which are cheap to fix. She said the Elite model is going up to $799 and will be on sale for $599 so quite a bit of a difference. I think we will definately laybuy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 1:11pm
I would check the consumers guarantees act, I'm pretty sure its from when it leaves the store...imagine you have it on laybuy for, say 4 months, which leaves you 8 months of a warranty. Say after 9 months of having it, something happens, store not obliged to fix. It would be wrong to say a warranty is from when it is laybuyed, as it is sitting in storage not being used for the purpose it is intended when it is on laybuy. They may as well set the warranties all up when they come instore if thats the case! lol!

Edited by jacobsmama
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 8:12pm
I have to agree I'm sure its from when it leaves the store. Baby Factory do 3 month layby's so I still won't even be using it by the time it comes to picking it up...
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 3:54pm
FYI for those who want one:

I received an email from BF today and it's showing the Mountain Buggy Urban and Urban Elite as being reduced.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

littlejo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 3:41pm
Hmm, about the warranty, when I bought our monitor from Baby Factory, they told me that the warranty would start the LATER of when I bought it, and bubs' birth date! So surely it would be when it leaves the store at least.

Regarding the 3 month layby period, our pram is on layby too, and they said they will extend it longer, as long as you make a payment at least every month.
Which reminds me, I must check up what's going on with it - MIL & FIL are paying for it, but I hope they are making regular payments!!
Jo

Jo

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by jacobsmama jacobsmama wrote:

just a wee note, if you are planning on having more than one bubba, and reasonable close in age, they don't do toddler seats...Can be an expensive exersize having to buy another buggy when #2 arrives..

We didn't get a mountain buggy for this reason. We ended up getting a phil and teds. Very similar in shape, size etc but they can have a toddler seat attached. Ohterwise I would have got a mountain buggy - very cool!!!

PS - we brought ours from www.winkalotts.co.nz. They guarantee to beat any price! (we saved about $100 on the buggy.)
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 12:44pm
And they deliver free too, I think!
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 8:35pm
yeah, delivey is free for orders over $25 (or around-abouts...)
We have also brought our car seat and cot through them.
I'm a bit cheeky cause I go 'shopping' at the stores to see what brand I want, then i buy it online (so much cheaper!!)
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
 Post Reply Post Reply