FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo sick of the nagging and whinging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So sick of the nagging and whinging
    Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:21am
Don't you hate it when from the moment your toddler wakes up they start whinging?
Lately just about everything Ella says is a whine or a nag and it is driving me bananas having to repeatedly tell her to ask me nicely for whatever it is.
I swear I hear "Mummy need some more luuuuuuuunch" at least 20 times a day at the moment.
GAH!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Sponsored Links

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 12:47pm
Hope it is not going to be like that soon. She only gets that way if she wakes up in bed and both of us are out of bed already (we co-sleep)

But she stops within about 5 minutes but I cant put her down for about half an hour after that or the whining starts.

Please tell me it is not going to happen to me. I hate whining.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 12:48pm
oh yes i know exactly what you mean! drives me crazy
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:06pm
I hate that heaps too but I'm tough on it. I ask for those requests to be repeated in a nice voice but if it happens too often, the choice is fix the voice or go to bed. Sometimes I find a bit of time-out with a book (for the kid that is ) makes all the difference... sometimes Hannah will even fall asleep and then I realise how tired she must have been!

Whatever you do, I sure hope it doesn't last long
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:24pm
I am tough too, but it still doesn't stop the whining.. some days are worse than others, if she's tired or unwell.. still drives me mad though!
We went through a week of constant whining and crying, hopefully I can put that down to chickenpox even though she was completely energetic apart form the whinging..

SMoody, sorry to tell you but I think all 2 year olds go through this and apparently it doesn't stop either~!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:34pm
Sorry, ladies... Kiya will be 6 at the end of the month ( where'd the time go!) and she's been a whinger since 20mths old.

I'm tough on her too... sometimes, too tough! but she still grizzles. Doesn't seem to matter how I react, the whining is still there.

Edited by becca.l
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:41pm
yeah kobe doesnt get what he wants till he asks in his happy voice. doesnt seem to learn that if he asked like that in the first place he would get things so much quicker and with less hassle. But its not even always when asking for things, its always muuuuum wheerree aarree youuuuu rather than a simple mum where are you.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 3:34pm
Oh yes, i'm getting the "i'm hungry" from the moment he wakes to the time he goes to bed. Drives me nuts.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 3:49pm
Oh man. You guys could have lied at least to me. Guess I better start reading up on tips over on this thread about how to deal with this.

fairsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 4:32pm
At least yours can all say what they want. I just get Xanda trowing temper tantrums and I am suppose to know what he wants, and half the time it is stuff he is not allowed to have. *Note to self - learn to hide things better, so he cannot see them.*
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:30am
When Zaara wants some thing she starts crying ...but I alsways hold her and say mumma cant understand what you want Zaara...use your words (Tho she still cant talk). Then most times she stops and points or uses what ever words she knows.

But then there are days where she just cries, mostly because she is tired. Oh how I wait for the days when she starts winging with word!!! NOT!!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:09pm
Hannah isn't much of a whinger, and on the days she does it is almost always related to tiredness so off to bed she goes!
MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 4:48pm
My neice is 3 and she was sick for a week. Now shes better but all its been for nearly 2 weeks is her constantly nagging and whinging and crying and screaming and i swear its non-stop.

I can understand it when she was sick. SHe is only little. But shes better now and back at day care.
Then she expects evreything done for her, like things that she could do just fine by herself before. If her mum doesnt do it she screams her head off. Sheo demands things and gets mad if its not done staight away.

Doesnt help that ive been tired, sick, moody and had a headache the whole time. Throughout the night she wakes up crying and im in the room next door so i get to hear it and wake up too. yay.

Its like shes a different kid really. She used to be so happy and hardly ever cried ( this is before she got sick and before she got spoilt to death on their trip to Thailand) and would chat and play with me all the time. She never speaks a word to me now, when i talk to her she snobs me she likes to give the silent treatment when i growl her about something, but ive done nothing!

Boy i cant wait till my one comes lol

Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply