FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp! keeps taking nappy off!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help! keeps taking nappy off!
    Posted: 13 March 2007 at 11:13am
we are having probs with jack at the moment taking his nappy off and pooing on the floor!! i'm not sure if he's taking it off after he poos or before but it's really annoying me and i don't know what to do about it.
he happily sits on the toilet until he pees, but isn't at the stage where he tells me he needs to go. it's usually by chance that he's on the toilet when he goes.
he doesn't have a poo pattern, it's quite random. the times i've found poo on the floor is his sleep time...twice in afternoon and last night i went in to see him 1hr after he was put in bed as he was whingy...only to find nappy off and poo on the floor!
he wears cloth naps and i don't want to have to go back to taping his sposies on him again!
any ideas ladies??

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 11:39am
i take it they are aplix?

toby does the same thing and i find if i put them on backwards he doesnt take them off - or if he has shorts on over the top...

Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:24pm
My DD does this with wees so a bit nicer to deal with. If she comes to me with her nappy in her hand I know I need to go find a puddle somewhere.
Usally (not always) if I put shorts on over the top she will leave alone. Sorry though, I don't have any suggestions, just thought you might like to know it's not just your Jack doing this

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:45pm
gsmum, no all mine naps are snaps.
spudling..jack takes his clothes off to get to the nappy

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:50pm
McKayla has done this so often. I just put her on the potty as soon as she takes the nappy off.

I havent found a solution yet to the problem but she actually comes to me now and leads me to the bathroom so she can sit on the potty. (we unfortanately just just miss most of them.)

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:53pm
I don't know if this will help or not, but here's what I did...

Kiya used to reach inside her nappy and play with whatever she found. She would suck her tummy in until she could get her hand down into her nappy, so I dressed her in either overalls or all-in-ones for two weeks and she stopped!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 3:06pm
thats strange for a child to undo snaps... can you put them on backwards? maybe he is doing it afterwards and he wants to TT. maybe if you could find out when - then the why - it will be easier to fix.

Southlandmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southlandmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:41pm
OMG.. So pleased its not just me..

Kaylin does this too, But he keeps outsmarting me.. Hes worked out how to take his nappy off without taking clothes off.. Ive tried everything.. taping, overalls, putting on backwards but hes too clever but yet thinks sitting on the toilet is a joke..

Also takes it off THEN does poos on the floor, But he goes to his room and closes the door then does it, If im up with the play for that day I catch him but other times im distracted with Spencer..

Although I have noticed it hasent happened so often the past few weeks..

Hope it slows down for you as I know how frustrating it can be
Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 4:33pm
thanks for letting me know i'm not alone!
it had slowed up a little but today it happened again   it's so frustrating and seems to always be when he goes to bed...

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 5:02pm
Apparently side snap nappies also help curb this issue.

Post Reply Post Reply