FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo sleep or not to sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To sleep or not to sleep
    Posted: 28 March 2007 at 2:43pm
Ok so my son is starting Kindy next week and is 27mnths. He will be going 3 afternoons a week. And still has arvo naps of 2-3hrs
The dilemma i have is, do i forget about naps on those days or do i make him nap earlier?
Not too concerned either way, just needed thoughts and experiences about the situation.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Sponsored Links

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:06pm
Okay dont have experience at that age. But how well does he sleep at night? When does he to to bed and then wake up?

If he stands up early then I will give a short morning nap. Otherwise see how he goes during those days for say the first week or two and then see if he needs a nap. Maybe just let him nap when he comes home for aboutt 15 minutes. Not longer as he wont go to sleep that night then.

Really dont know what else to suggest as I dont have personal experience.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:15pm
if you think he would handle not having sleeps then maybe dont put him down. I know if Kobe falls asleep he will be harder to get to bed at night so i try not to let him have one.
On the other hand how would he be if he doesnt have a sleep? Would he enjoy kindy as much if he is tired? Guess both have pros and cons so sorry not much help there am I
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 8:40am
Thanks for the suggestions girls, have tried the sleep before, the sleep after and no sleep at all. He seems good with all. Although the sleep after he tends to be cranky for a while once i wake him.(hes a crank anyway)
He is really enjoying Kindy. I think ill let him be the boss on this one.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 10:00am
See how he goes, but if he's anything like Maya he'll be exhasted when he gets home from kindy after all the activity, so a late morning nap might give him a big more energy to see him thru.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 10:06am

Originally posted by my2angels my2angels wrote:

if you think he would handle not having sleeps then maybe dont put him down. I know if Kobe falls asleep he will be harder to get to bed at night so i try not to let him have one.
On the other hand how would he be if he doesnt have a sleep? Would he enjoy kindy as much if he is tired? Guess both have pros and cons so sorry not much help there am I

Alan is the same if he has a sleep during hte day then he is so much harder to get him down at night.  So what we have done is ditch the sleep hte day's he goes to daycare(he is at afternoon)  he only has a sleep about twice a week and I only let him sleep for jsut over an hour.  I guess if he is ok with out  it maybe jsut give him an early night Alan is often in bed and a sleep by 6pm the day's he goes to daycare.

Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply