FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToddlers nutrition.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toddlers nutrition.
    Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:35pm
I know a lot of us sometimes asks ourselves if our kids have been eating enough. (I know just recently that I started getting worried because of all the comments I got.)

Found this great website that actually let me see what a child should be eating. And I dont think I have a picky eater on my hands anymore.

http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/Toddlers.htm

A good rule for serving sizes for toddlers is 1 tablespoon per year of age or 1/4 of an adult serving per year of age! At the next meal, use these measurements exactly and see for yourself how little food a Toddler should actually be eating. We bet you will be quite surprised!

How Much Should I Try to Have my Toddler Eat?

When planning and serving meals to your toddler, try to have him/or her consume the following on a daily basis

2 to 3 cups of calcium - milk (or yogurt, cheese or other calcium rich foods).

4 servings of fruits and vegetables. (Serving size: one tablespoon per year of age.) One serving should be high in vitamin C and another in vitamin A.

4 servings of grains - bread and cereal. One should be an iron-fortified baby cereal. A serving is about 1/4 to 1/3 an adult portion (1/4 slice toast, 1/4 cup pasta).

2 servings of proteins - meat, beans, eggs, tofu, or peanut butter. A good serving of protein should be served at every meal. One serving equals 1/2 ounce. Courtesy of Parent'sPlace Nutritionist Q&A.

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:47pm
Wow Andrew eats heaps according to that.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:54pm
Hmmm it's a bit tricky because Hannah and Briona eat about the same amounts... only difference is that Hannah eats a big lunch and Briona eats a big dinner lol
 Post Reply Post Reply