FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCreams for Nappy Rash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creams for Nappy Rash
    Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:36pm
Haha oki yes Ella has Nappy Rash BUT i know what its from shes teething and has the worst explosions at the moment so what can i use?
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:38pm
We use the Karicare ointment that the gremlins were given for their weepy, bleeding bots in the hospital when they were a few weeks old. They haven't had nappy rash since. I use Curash powder at every change, Sudocream as a barrier overnight and the Karicare if they are looking a bit red.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:43pm
Oki is the Karikare the stuff in the red and yellow tubs? (its in ellas rooma nd shes sleeping so i cant see) COOL about the curash powder coz that works really well on her!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:44pm
Jess, you shouldn't use the thick creams on most cloth naps unless you're using liners as they clog up the fleece (or whatever keeps baby dry i.e. suede cloth etc) which stops the wees getting through.

Try something like the Eco Store nappy balm. That has heaps of good stuff in it to heal the rash sores and also to protect her skin after the rash goes. We used to use this when Caitlin got a rash with sposies, but we don't bother anymore as she's in 100% cloth and doesn't get rashes

Just a suggestion, when she's teething bad it makes the urine stronger so perhaps give her heaps more water to neutralise it?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:51pm
I really try giving her more water but she tells me pretty much where to shove it.

Can u just get the eco store stuff from the supermarket?
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:13pm
yup. I got ours from Pak n Save, I think it was $7?

Hope her rash clears up soon
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:24pm
i use either tui bee balm or lucas pawpaw cream, and it keeps things clear, and is a natural product.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:42pm
Hrmm ok ill give it a go and hope something helps. I have caught it early so its not bad and i wanna get onto it poor bubba!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 12:02am
I use on the girls mi creme (no prescrip) or mi creme H if it gets really bad and there is an improvement within 1 change of nappy usually, we are having the same prob at the moment - Anastasia is cutting 4 molars and 2 eye teeth at the same time ...... hope Ella Grace is better soon
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 12:10am
Gina hasn't had nappy rash yet, but I swear by the Mustela breand. I use the cream they have to prevent it and it works well for us but they have a special one to cure nappy rash - you can get it from pharmacies.

linky

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:41am
we used to get a cream from the doctor (free!!) that had an anti-fungal agent in it that was wonderful for those weepy bleeding sores. my doctor gave me a prescription for 8 tubes!
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:02am
We use the Weleda nappy rash cream. Clears things up really quickly!
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:00am
What works as well is normal egg whites. Just seperate egg and whip the whites slightly so it foams. Put on babies bum and let it airdry. The proteien in it helps a lot.

Other tip is rooibos tea bags. Wet it and then after wiping babies bum wipe it with the teabag and throw away. Might stain the nappy so use a liner. (not sure if it will stain but dont want to take a chance.) Put a rooibos tea bag in the bath as well. (or a few.) Should work really soon.

Real cheap alternative and my friends use to swear by it. McKayla only had a rash in hospital and once when she was teething. (rooibos bag totally removed it in two day.)

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 8:02am
I have to say after a lot of creams and with haleighs nappy rash getting so bad when she was teething it bled that benthapen antiseptic (also comes in a normal to) was fantastic, it also helped when my dermatitis was cracking. My mum said she used it on me when i was a bub.
it would clear her bottom up within a few days of application, it was a little pricey but it lasted us ages, and i will def be keeping it with me for number 2.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 8:52am
I find sudocream the best. Usually it works so well that the rash will almost be gone by the next nappy change!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

DairneW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairneW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 10:07pm
Thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas! My wee boy also has nappy rash at the moment, and its really bad! The poor wee darling is bleeding sometimes :( I try letting him run around with a bare bum for an hour, I have tried sudacream, cornflour, zinc and castor oil ointment.... I have quite a few of the other options mentioned above lying around at home, so will definitely try them :) Thanks!!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:05am
hey dee.....did you take flynn to dr david? he gave me some barrier cream (zinc and caster oil stuff) and another one called viaderm which i'm using on charli and it's working....slowly!
the lady at daycare also recommended colloidial silver cream which they are trying on jack's butt today.

switches View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote switches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 8:28pm
When Keith was in scbu and on antibiotics he got a nasty rash and I found that the only thing that cleared it up was paw paw cream its really not that costly and it last for ages . You can get it at any chemist.
Tina
 Post Reply Post Reply