FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormulas – what’s the difference

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 3:26pm
Both my older children went from breastmilk to follow-on formula (Kiya at 6mths, Josiah at 8 1/2 months). I used Karicare Follow-on without any problems.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 11:15am
After thoughough-ish investigation it looks like the Heinz Nuture are all Casein dominent and the Karicare ones are Whey Dominent (I didn't look at the S-26 (is that right?) as it was more expensive than the Karicare HA she is on now and would defeat the purpose).

The plan is to buy a tin of the standard Karicare follow-on and try her on that whilst we still have 1/2 a tin of her special formula just in case we have any issues (we haven't when I made her bottles with the sachets for the past 2 days - is that enough for a reaction to show?). The good news is though (sorry if TMI but this is an ongoing issue we have), that she has pooped 3 times in 2 days! She hasn't done that since she was BFd!!!

I had to laugh this morning though when she was standing up at her safety gate "talking" to me in the kitchen, she stopped almost mid-sentence, seemed to semi squat and filled her pants! Charming little girl!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12