FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChubby thighs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chubby thighs
    Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:08am

So just wondering which naps work well on babies with chubby thighs, or if it is just a peapod thing, Ethan is on the tightest waist snaps in his peapod but it seems to really dig in around his legs even if i really loosen the bottom snaps, doesnt seem to happen in his tweedle though.

He is not an overly chubby bubby but is quite a solid boy, wondering which nappies work well for bigger thighed babies.

Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:11am
Sorry, Natalie can't really help you here, Brenna's a long slim baby... If the Tweedle fits well though, maybe just stick with them???
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 12:40pm
Caitlin has chubby thighs too (takes after Mummy! lol) I've tried a couple of different brands and found that she had to have ones where you can adjust the thigh so that it can be on a different setting, She outgrew her small fuzzis around the thighs long before she outgrew the waist. By the sounds that's the problem you've had with the peapods (I've heard that a lot about PPs, hard to size). If your Tweedles are fitting him then stick with those as it is always better to be able to adjust the nappy to fit your baby.

Gotta get Caitlin one of these Tweedles! Everyone is raving about them so they've got to be good
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 2:04pm
Hi Natalie, we have fuzzis as well. Krystiana has really filled out in the thighs recently and I think we might have just one month left of small size (in saying that though, she's in the top 3 percentile for weight and height for her age). I put a medium on her the other day and with 2 inserts it just fits her.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 7:35pm
I'm getting rid of the gremlins Peapods for exactly that reason - you can't adjust the thighs enough and the gremlins have chubby thighs and skinny waists. I find the medium Fuzzis a good fit, and the Tweedles are excellent coz they're narrower thru the crotch so perfect for chubby thighs. I have two and two more on the way. Love that you can pick your own colors too!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 7:44pm
Thanks guys - I was going to buy some peapods tomorrow but won't anymore after reading this post. Noah has a chubby thigh problem too
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 8:54pm
Natalie if the length is still okay I'd put them aside in the hope that he will grow back into them after he starts crawling and gets trimmer in the thighs... in the hope that I wouldn't have wasted the money!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:23pm
Hannahs thighs haven't got any trimmer - and she runs everywhere!! Obviously Han has very chubby thighs and I have found that naps that close with velcro dont fit her properly, theres just not enough adjustability (if thats a word!). Havent tried tweedles but they sound great.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 7:34am
Emma was kind enough to loan us a Tweedle nap, and we had the same problem as the PeaPods Which is a shame because they look really nice!

Try to find a brand that either have the snaps system you can adjust for baby or perhaps a type that has snaps on the side? We just tried another of Emma's nappies (I think it was the berry plush one?) and that seemed to be ok. A bit big and bulky in my opinion tho, but I'm used to the Fuzzis
 Post Reply Post Reply